Another Beginner Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Can I take the 3/8" tube I was using for a buffalo horn pen that exploded, and get the horn off with CA debonder? If not, can I just turn it down to the tube? Is that a bad idea?

I really don't want to wait on new tubes coming because my next online order won't be for a while and I'm not paying as much for the shipping as the tubes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Yep, as advised by keithkarl2007 you can turn the material off. I often - when necessary - turn the material almost off and then finish getting the rest off with sandpaper. That way you don't expose yourself to getting a tool to catch on the metal. It is rather difficult to get sandpaper to experience a "catch" as do our tools sometimes.

Just take your time and be patient. Good luck!

bruce119

When you buy a kit get some extra tubes then you can move rite on to another tube. When you ruin a blank just put it aside don't throw it away. You can always turn it down put it on the bushings and use a parting tool. Turn it just to the brass the important thing is the inside of the tube.

hughbie

i've made mistakes MANY times and i've ended up turning the blank off, down to the brass....very very light cuts....
heck, i've used the same tube 3 times once......

Top Bottom