Angled seg experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

It ain't bentwood and it ain't as pretty as others you may have seen, but I had a request for a FP made from a piece of Cherry that once grew on the buyer's property. It was rather plain grained and me being different, I decided to spruce it up a bit with some Walnut (after I asked him if he'd mind, of course). Took me about a week as I could only get in about three cuts and reglues per night. I'll post the results when I get it turned in the next few days. I just like the look of it so I thought I'd throw it up for those who may be interested.

20059245128_lam_blank.jpg

Editited by request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

I'll bet that will make one sweet looking pen.

please do post your results and If I may request, please post as blank and pen in a kind of "take this and make this" sort of way.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Interesting blank Billy. Please post a pix of the finished pen by it when you are through. I still lack the ability to visualize what the pen will look like based on the lamination. Looking forward to seeing the end product.

JimGo

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />...so I thought I'd throw it up...
<br />
Billy, that sounds like a painful way to create a blank, but if you're able to create such a neat looking blank by these methods, I can't wait to see what you can do with your hands! [:D]

The pen should be pretty cool; I'm anxious to see it! Thanks for sharing the blank, too.

alamocdc

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />...so I thought I'd throw it up...
<br />
Billy, that sounds like a painful way to create a blank, but if you're able to create such a neat looking blank by these methods, I can't wait to see what you can do with your hands! [:D]

LOL!! [:D] Sorry, Jim, bad choice of words I guess.

Thanks, all! I hope to get it turned this weekend. It will go on a Baron. He wants antoher FP (10K CSUSA type) in the same Cherry for his daugther. It too will be a glue up, but will not be as ornate.

atvrules1

Just waiting for the finished product. I have some cherry taken from my dad's property that might need to have the same treatment. I also have a few pieces of walnut. Just want to see the result before I go to that kind of work.

Randy_

Billy tried to confuse us by posting the final result in another thread. If I can figure out how to do it, I will put a copy of the picture here as well??

2005955209_baronFP_cherwal_seg1.jpg

20059552034_baronFP_cherwal_seg2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom