Local Chapter Manager
Wayne,

I can hear this sales pitch now!!!

Step right up here, mister, where else can you buy

<b><center>FIFTY THOUSAND YEAR OLD WOOD???!!!!</center></b>

Fortified with PLASTIC!!!

UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh, very EARLY plastic?????????????[:(][:(]

Rudy Vey

Wayne, I have not send it out, yet, but I am also thinking of getting mine stabilized. It is really soft. One pen I have turned from a piece that was a bit more solid. The other pieces I have left are very light and soft and have not much, if any figure - I was quite disappointed from what I got, so I am not sure if the stabilization is even is worth trying.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I realize both of you have been around a while and probably know this, but call or email http://www.rrpwhite.com/

I can't imagine that he hasn't tried to stabilize kauri, since the vendor isn't too far from him.

I STILL wanna hear your sales spiel. But, if it's soft, what else can you do? [8][8][8][8][8][8]

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />I realize both of you have been around a while and probably know this, but call or email http://www.rrpwhite.com/

I can't imagine that he hasn't tried to stabilize kauri, since the vendor isn't too far from him.

I STILL wanna hear your sales spiel. But, if it's soft, what else can you do? [8][8][8][8][8][8]

Ed, I use the services of Steven and Carol White for many years and it is there where I would send my Kauri, if I do.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Call him, he usually can tell you whether it will work or not.

He's told me twice, "Don't bother, it won't work!!" (Neither was Kauri)

Rmartin

I've turned a lot, maybe a hundred or more blanks of Kauri, and it's always hit and miss with it. More often miss than hit, but I've found, even the plain looking blanks look nice when micro-meshed and lacquered. Some of the more marbled pieces will absorb the finish and turn black. Very often, when turning close to the bushing, it will chip out near the edges. It's enough to make a pen turner cry and swear off Kauri forever.

I would be very interested to see how Kauri stablized.

Rmartin
I cut corners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom