Americana Rollerball Pen Kit Question?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snnej

I just delivered an order for 6 Americana Rollerball pens to a customer last weekend. He gave them as gifts to his office workers today. I'm not very happy with this kit. While I like the look of it, the quality is not very good. There is a plastic insert in the cap that allows the cap to click closed since it is not a screw cap. The cap came out on 2 of the pens when they were opened by the recipients. I am sure that I put them in correctly as I had the same thing happen to me when I was assembling them. I opened and closed them several times before I delivered them.

Has anyone else had this problem with this pen kit?

I will be making replacement pens for these two but will be switching over to the Jr. Gent as it has a screw cap. It's a bummer that I will have to take a loss on these pens. I hope it doesn't happen to any of the others!

Jenn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Sorry to hear about your experience. However, that little white plastic piece will most likely fail anyway - might be six months from now, maybe a year. Snap caps that rely on an insert will fail.

Snnej

I tried to find some reviews of them before I ordered them and I did not see any mention of them failing. Such a bummer. Especially being gifts. I know all of the recipients so I hope they will contact me if they have any problems and I can replace them.

I have only made 2 of those, I used locktite to keep the insert in place because 2 different people tried to twist the cap off and turned the insert out. Now that I make twist cap pens and 2 people have pulled the threads out of the cap :redface: Some days you can't win for loosing.

Russianwolf

I have only made 2 of those, I used locktite to keep the insert in place because 2 different people tried to twist the cap off and turned the insert out. Now that I make twist cap pens and 2 people have pulled the threads out of the cap :redface: Some days you can't win for loosing.

okay, I just had an idea hit me (it kinda hurt too). What we need is an insert that's threaded on the outside and snaps on the inside. So when someone pulls, it snaps apart and when they unscrew, it does that. :biggrin: Royalties can be sent to Russianwolf@IfOnly.com :biggrin:

aggromere

I bought a few of those kits a long time ago. Made one pen and also thought it was a poorly made kit and I don't buy them anymore. Just as others have said, the snap cap just isn't a good design idea, at least by my way of thinking.

Top Bottom