Amboyna burl picture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

How many pen blanks will one amboyna burl make?

2005215462_AmboynaBurl.jpg

This would make a nice group buy. Anybody want to pony up...it's only $5000.00?[:0]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

They only have one left...Anthony bought the other two earlier today.[8D]

Originally posted by darbytee
<br />Only $5000! Do they have three or four that I could buy???

Gary

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />And the nice part is, they left the beautiful narra tree intact! Harvesting burls is a great thing.

I wish my grandfather had started a narra tree farm.[:D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by Gary
<br />They only have one left...Anthony bought the other two earlier today.[8D]

I wish [:D] If I had, I wouldn't tell & wouldn't SHARE [:D]

I've mortgaged allot a things in my life, but never to buy wood. I guess it's never to late to start. [;)]

Anthony

OT. This was the first time I tried the quote thing. How do you do it and get the little quote box between the lines?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
When you edit the quote, make sure you leave the <b>bracketed "quote"</b> at the beginning and the <b>bracketed "/quote"</b> at the end. [8D]
OT. This was the first time I tried the quote thing. How do you do it and get the little quote box between the lines?

Gary

AMBOYNA

Amboyna is a burl on the tree that is commonly known as narra (Pterocarpus Indicus).

A rare, exotic hardwood that grows in Southeast Asia and has a fragrant aroma. It can vary in color from yellow to golden brown to red, and is generally considered excellent for both turning and finishing. Don Mogelefsky of the Exotic Wood Group says "You might think of Amboyna as 'the burl with the swirl.' Thanks in part to its wavy grain, Amboyna Burl is figured with numerous, captivating swirls." His site offers an impressive variety of amboyna burl and other exotics.
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />What's a "narra tree"? [?] Never heard that term before.

Gregory Huey

I think it's about time I give Anthony a hand. Now if you'll just tell me where you live and where you stashed the burl I'll be right over. Gee as long as I'm coming ya got any more of them resin castings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom