Amazing work we do

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

earlier while making pens and day dreaming (the safest way to work with power tools) i started thinking about all the things that have to go right. In theory it seems like it would be right all the time, but for me it isn't.

1. Round a piece of wood.
2. Drill a whole right down the middle, depends entirely on if the tube is centered and is turning true on the lathe.
3. glue in a tube right down the middle
4. sqaure the end of the blank to the tube, that may not acually be in the center. Seems like you could have two ends squared to different axis
5 turn it round to size on the lathe.

it just seems like the more you do the more potential there is for it getting into bad geometry. Just wonder why it doesn't. Two beers is my limit, now im getting crazy typing syndrome.

anyone else every day dream like that.

Brooks803

I do all the time while at work (where it doesn't matter if you're paying attention:tongue:) instead of pen making (where I'm usually thinking of the steps to make a totally different pen than the one that's in front of me:redface:). I try not to think about everything that has to go just right to make a perfect pen...I screw up enough without knowing all the little gremlins are out to get me:alien: (been waiting for a chance to use that icon!)

I swear I haven't been drinking (just sleep deprived) although reading the "whats your pleasure" thread is making me thirsty!

Sorry for the over-use of the ()'s (I tend to do it often:wink:)

Top Bottom