Always remember to slow down

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

I was turning a bottle stopper with a specific blank a customer had asked for with a quick turnaround requested--so in a hurry in my shop, I drilled a 3/8" pilot hole instead of a 5/16"....Soooo to try and remedy things I filled the too large hole with CA and waited for it to set to try and cut threads into the hole. Well rushing things I decided to blow down into the hole full of CA now. Don't Do This!! Just FYI CA sets instantly when it splashes against your lips, mustache and eye glasses--thankfully not eyes! :rolleyes: Needless to say I had a mess on my hands, and it didn't fix the issue either.
Long story to conclusion, new blank needed, and wasted an additional hour cleaning up my face and glasses--replacing them actually--so my advice, probably often stated before, is hurry up and slow down! :)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

truckfixr

A safer and much more effective repair would be to turn a 3/8 (or larger)plug and glue it into the blank. Then you could re-drill the hole and tap new threads.

Last edited:

CREID

At least you were patient enough to wait until the glue on your fingers was dry before typing your post.

Curt

WriteON

I had this sign in my shop:

Attachments

• 51wSZVU4erL.jpg
    51wSZVU4erL.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Top Bottom