Alternate Source for PSI Pen Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pgfitzgerald

I've been eyeing the new PSI Pen Press for a while now. I really like the spring loaded adjustment mechanism.

Well, my crappy home-made wooden press finally broke today, and I don't feel like fixing it again. Unfortunately, the PSI press is backordered until late March.

Anyone know of an alternate source for the PSI press or a similar press with a spring loaded adjustment mechanism?

Thanks!

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pgfitzgerald

I know of several like the one at WoodCraft with a knob for adjustment. I haven't, however, found another with the spring loaded adjustment like the PSI model.

I was hoping someone might know where to get one with the spring loaded adjustment before I order one with the knob adjustment.

Paul

S

spiritwoodturner

The Woodcraft one isn't even similar to the PSI spring loaded one. I guess I'm glad I got mine when I did. I absolutely love it, and have used the Woodcraft types before. This one is a large step up in quality and innovation.

My advice would be to suffer with the one you have or find a cheapy used somewhere until the PSI one is available.

Dale

J

jackrichington

This is probably a goofy answer, but why use a pen press at all? I hate 'em ..I made a small wooden nib holder and stick nib in that and then use my wood vice on my workbench..if you don't have a wood vise, just put in wood spacers..

skywizzard

This is probably a goofy answer, but why use a pen press at all? I hate 'em ..I made a small wooden nib holder and stick nib in that and then use my wood vice on my workbench..if you don't have a wood vise, just put in wood spacers..

I though the same until I was given the new PSI press for Christmas. Now there is no way i would give it up. Very simple, easy to use, the spacers make adjustment an ease and the long handle give very precise control on the amount of pressure exerted. It is overall a very good design.

S

spiritwoodturner

Good luck bending the one on the new design! The old one was cheap, this one has a cast iron base and a high quality shaft and handle. I think if someone bends anything on this one, they're pressing something other than pens. Maybe bearings...

I really like the simple spring design on this thing. No more dropped blanks for me.

Dale

Top Bottom