Almost a total lose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSD

Did you ever have this happen to you?

You’re turning a nice looking piece of spauled maple and big chunk of the wood from one of the sections come out of the blank exposing the tube underneath [:0]

What is worse than that is that you don't have extra tubes or any more of the spaulded maple :(

So you end up turning the rest of the blank section down to the tube to re-use the brass tube and use some other type of wood for the section.

Well it's not a total lose

gallery47d41a5e3b987.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, that's weird. That kind of stuff never happens to me...nope...not here...uh uh...[:p]

Nice save! I agree with Bob. My cat-like speed and reflexes always kick in whenever a piece flies off and I use my super-human radar to track its vector so I can pick it up and glue it back on.

With such talent, you'll never see me digging around in the sawdust pile for that 'special' piece of wood. I just tear all the knees out of my jeans because it makes me look all hep like. heh

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pen Bob !! I had a couple that came apart , then couldn't find all the pieces . I soaked the blanks overnight in acetone & pulled the tubes right out . You should be quick , however !

OKLAHOMAN

Bob,It just dosen't work for me,your Acrylic reel seat and split bamboo flyrods are terrific and it looks like your fit and finish are good its just the 2 woods don't do it.

OSD

its just the 2 woods don't do it.

Yea I believe your right about the contrasting woods, but I'm just a rookie when it comes to this pen turning thing.
I will no doubt give this one to a relative (maybe my brother in law)
:D LOL

Top Bottom