All Rollerballs like this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I've done a bunch of rollerballs and just don't like writing with them. Is it the Hauser bili refill the lower end kits seem to come with?

I write faster than the ink can flow, and that just doesn't seem right to me. So before I start buying better quality refills, I wanted to know if this was normal for all RB refills, or just these.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Before there was gel, rollerball was king. They write well, generally.

Go to an office supply store and buy 3 or 4 brands, see which YOU like. WATCH the length and the NIB length, also overall diameter. They are all CLOSE to the same, but some will not fit.

Tuba707

I have not had good experiences with the Hausers. Schmidt's are really nice.

The RB pens will also take Pilot G2 gel refills, if they like that sort of thing =)

GouletPens

Just like you can buy a Porshe 944 and a Porshce 911, there are different grades of rollerballs. The Hausers are okay, but what you'll notice more is the fluidity and thickness of the gel. Get yourself a higher end ceramic Schmidt (like the ones that come with the expensive CSUSA kits), or Cross gel rollerballs. Now these puppies will cost you $3 each or so, but they'll make a difference. After all, who cares about a pretty pen if it writes like garbage? Okay, plenty of people, but you get my point.:glasses-nerdy:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I like the Schmidts too. (still chuckling over 'mixing epoxy'.. LOL)
I try to get people to write with the pens. Even people who don't want
a capped pen stop and re-evaluate the Jr. Gents once they write with it.

The gels write OK, but I can't use one because it just doesn't feel right on
carbonless copies.

nava1uni

Cross rollerball refills write very nicely. In any pen that uses a Parker style refill I put Parker Gel refills instead of a ball point and they write very nicely also. I have both refills available and I let the buyer choose which one they would like to have in their pen and the color they would like also.

Ligget

I never sell a rollerball with a Hauser, I replace them with Schmidt as the Hauser is scratchy and has poor ink flow.

Why do we put up with this situation?

Last edited:

DurocShark

I just bought a Monte Blanc refill and tossed it into my desk pen that had a Hauser. Wow! What a HUGE difference!

Too bad I didn't take the original Hauser with me. I bought a MB that was too short. Had to cut part of the cap that came with the refill to use as a spacer.

I'd love to try the Schmidts. Links?

LanceD

I just bought a Monte Blanc refill and tossed it into my desk pen that had a Hauser. Wow! What a HUGE difference!

Too bad I didn't take the original Hauser with me. I bought a MB that was too short. Had to cut part of the cap that came with the refill to use as a spacer.

I'd love to try the Schmidts. Links?[/quote]

Google Schmidt pen refills. There's lots of suppliers.

Top Bottom