Aligning grain with a Panache kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

agfox

I'm working with some panache kits from CSUSA. The kit instrutions mention that the cap threads have 3 entry points, but doesn't mention how to help get grain alignment. Is there a simple way to do so? Tried a search but came up blank.

Thanks,

Nathan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I screw the threaded coupler onto the front section of the pen body, then take the cap and line up your grain or pattern. Push the cap onto the coupler, just get it started, then carefully unscrew the cap, and press together. You will have it alligned, but when you screw the cap back on, only one starting point will line up. That's as good as it gets.

gerryr

You'll find the same problem with any kit that has a screw cap, like Statesman, Gentleman, Baron, etc. You can get it lined up, but there will only be one correct way to screw the cap back on that will line up the grain. That's why burls are so nice, the grain is so confused it's just about impossible to line up again after the blanks have been turned.[:D]

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I screw the threaded coupler onto the front section of the pen body, then take the cap and line up your grain or pattern. Push the cap onto the coupler, just get it started, then carefully unscrew the cap, and press together. You will have it alligned, but when you screw the cap back on, only one starting point will line up. That's as good as it gets.

Great Tip Anthony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom