Aint it amazing!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

I amazes me that even though I have made hundreds of pens myself, that I stilll get such enjoyment looking at other's work as well.

You would think we would get tired of seeing one pen after another. But I see many positive responses to every pen that gets posted.

Keep them coming.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dmadis

I've made about a hundred myself but never get tired of looking at others designs and the wood in the pen itself.

Darrell

Gary Max

Heck I have made less than 50 pens and can not beleive how much fun I am having looking at everyone's pens. Some are just so darn neat.

Fred in NC

Making pens is even a lot more fun because of the IAP and this forum. We can exchange ideas and look at other's work. There is such variety and ingenuity that it becomes a challenge. I think that is part of the fun. There is always something else, a new design, material, idea, etc. to try for the next project.

I also want to say thanks to everyone for being here and sharing.

tipusnr

The down side is that every once in a while you post a pen that NO ONE comments on. You get used to having the input (always constructive) and it's kind of depressing when it doesn't get there.

The first time it happened to me I was surprised that my ego was still that fragile. Although I have stopped the "me too" posts, I try to look at each pen that's posted (either in the forums or in the galleries) and actively give feedback.

Keep loading the photos!!

daledut

Bill (Tip),
I've been there too, it is surprising how much the approval of our peers means.
I have not only had "no comments" but have posted some (on another forum) that I though were the hight of my success, only to get negative feedback. The feedback was accurate and helpful, but it still stung a bit.
I will say, I have seen many of your pens that have been posted here, and you are doing a great job. Just chalk the "no comments" up to people being busy.
I know that I get busy and don't comment on all the pens I like, especially if others already have. I have been so busy the last few months that the only pen I have made is the one for the contest. I have been living vicariously through all of your that are still making pens.
We should all (myself included) make a good faith effort to make sure no one posts a pen here without getting some encouragement.
Okay, time for me to get off my soap box[:p]

Tom McMillan

Yes, I will say this group has been great---and, yes, it seems sometimes some of my work has seemed to go unnoticed---but, the neat thing about this group is if you post a topic you can see how many people have looked at the posting---and that can be a boost. Anyway, I know all of us are busier at different times---and, it's not always easy to see all the postings---and good gosh sometimes we've just got a lot going on----but, I sure do agree with Dale----everyone here is an asset to this group---WOW, what a lot of great ideas from the contest---and let's encourage each other----Gee---I've just raised a lot of my prices thanks to sharing my work that I almost didn't share. Thanks guys for the encouragement, and I really want to be an encouragement to others too!!!!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
<b>This is a CALL TO ARMS! </b>

Let me first say that <u>I'm guilty</u> of not taking time to post feedback on much of the beautiful work done and shared here. I'm <b>resolving</b> to provide feedback to at least one photo here every day..or at least every day I log in. I challenge each and every one of you to do the same. We talk about loving pictures. Let's prove it! And let's add value to every member!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom