Afzelia lay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

SS

I know where to buy afzelia lay pen blanks, but I have not found a source where you might be able to buy turning squares of the wood.

Does anyone have a source for this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Frank it is usuall called Afzelia Xy Lay, it has the crocodile looking grain pattern. If you look in my album I believe that they is a Jr. Gent pen and pencil set made with it.

Wayne

Dario

Yep, most call it afzelia xylay some call it afzelia xlay...really wonderful looking wood.

Sorry, but I don't know anyone having bigger chunks. I am sure there are some out there so keep looking. Good luck!

Scott

I have some that is probably 2" square and is about 36" long. Decent figure through most of it but a little inconsistent. I wanted it for a cane, but I haven't been able to justify turning all that wood down to the size of a cane - what a waste! I did make a cane out of another piece of Afzelia Xylay that had remarkable figure, so my Dad did get his cane. I hadn't hought about it, because I usually just horde wood, but I might be conviced to part with it. Drop me an E-Mail. Maybe by then I can remember where I got it and give you that as well.

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom