aftermarket refill's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

indianabing

I'm looking for help from you lady's and gentlemen.
I can use the most attractive blanks,work hard on a good finish,try as hard as I want to attract a customer's attention. The customer pick's the pen up , loves the way it feels in his or her hand, everything can be perfect, but if the customer doesn't like the way the refill write's, they put the pen back on the rack. Who among the kit vender's has the best refill, and where and what kind of aftermarket refill do I get to replace the stock refill.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

They should have those too..the private reserve ones in cross are better than the ones that come with the kits, but not as good as the parker ones..those ones write very much like a rollerball pen.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Not only Exotics but other vendors carry them as well. I Know Indy Pen dance carries them. Try a couple of the cross style private reserve ink refills and if that doesnt do it you can always buy Cross refills. I bought them in bulk off Ebay years ago before there was Private reserve refills.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Lots of sources

Excellent Cross style refills are available from a lot of sources. Schmidt refills seem to be about as good as ballpoint refills get and any number of vendors here and elsewhere will have them.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I agree with the above... However, note that although the aftermarket cross refills from Schmidt or Private Reserve are good... They aren't going to be as good as the refills available for for the parker or rollerball pens.

I know that slims have their place, but there are also some 8mm based kits that take the parker refills that are available...

Not saying to stop making slims, but if you are looking for an excellent writing pen, you may have to step above a cross refill.

indianabing

Thanks for your help everyone, I've been thinking about moving up to the parker style, I have made a few click pens, with parker refills, but in gereral people don't seem to want a click pen. are there any twist pens that use the Parker refill.

sbwertz

The best refills I have ever used are the Fisher Space Pen refills, but they are very pricey. I put them in special gift pens.

Sharon

Whaler

I seldom do slim pens and I will not do any Cross pens. PSI has the Slim Pro that uses the Parker refill and it is a decent kit, it's the one I go to for a slim.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks for your help everyone, I've been thinking about moving up to the parker style, I have made a few click pens, with parker refills, but in gereral people don't seem to want a click pen. are there any twist pens that use the Parker refill.

Yes... Many... There is the Sierra/wall street line and the Cigar line for starters.

PR_Princess

Mike, as you "move up" in kits there are two basic refills systems that you will come across - the roller ball (5888/888) and Parker style. (Excluding FP here)

There are many kits that fall into either category of refill. One example of a roller ball would be the Jr Gent II series. An example the Parker (twist) would be the Sierra or Cigar kits. Hope that helps!

Boz

Some times it is not the pen but the paper you are writing on. You should always provide paper for the customer to test it but that does not mean you should use some cheap paper from the hotel room the night before. Source a good quality paper to write on. If possible find a clay coated product. Any pen no matter how cheap will write like a Monte Blanc. Great for ball points. Not so good with the roller balls the ink does not dry fast enough.

Top Bottom