After holiday projects

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mpex

Spent the last month making all pens for gifts for the holidays. Since I just got started a month ago, there was a lot of repeating the same designs and styles. I am so exited to get working in January on some personal work!
My next projects are going to be working with some new kits and doing some more intense segmenting. I bought myself a Forrest WW II thin kerf, 48 tooth, stabilizer and a zero clearance guard. Going to build a couple jigs to do small segments. I also got a few new finishes I'm going to work on.

A whole new world is about to open up! I'm so excited!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Have fun. I'm going to be working on some flat work, and some metal work ideas that have been eating away at me.

Cabhog

Sounds like the turning bug has bit you! I have some flat work that I am going to work on for my wife, finish up my cole jaws I'm making and try to get a little turning in between.
Have fun be safe and have merry Christmas!

jttheclockman

If you are serious about segmenting, put your posts in the segmenting forum and if questions come up I am sure you will get some valuable answers. Love to see people getting into segmenting. I will have a few new pens to show with some segmenting too. Working on a few over the next couple days.

mpex

If you are serious about segmenting, put your posts in the segmenting forum and if questions come up I am sure you will get some valuable answers. Love to see people getting into segmenting. I will have a few new pens to show with some segmenting too. Working on a few over the next couple days.

Can you link to the segmenting forum? I don't see it in the forum list.
Thanks!

I have started doing some simple segmenting. Here are my first
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/first-segmented-pens-105202/

jttheclockman

Can you link to the segmenting forum? I don't see it in the forum list.
Thanks!

I have started doing some simple segmenting. Here are my first
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/first-segmented-pens-105202/

Under Blank Making Segmenting - International Association of Penturners

Very nice for a start. So much more can be done with just the simple segments you shown. Angle your cuts. Add some colored veneers. Use some aluminum just to mention a few things and you can change the look of those in a flash. Segmenting is a whole world of opportunities. Makes the blanks worth abit more $$$ too. Welcome.

wiset1

I'm finishing up an 8ft workbench which has taken me the better part of 3 days to cut, assemble, and finish. In the final staged now. Not quite as fun as making a pen, but I need a new work surface to make those pens on, ha ha ha. Best wishes on the new projects

D.Oliver

I'm finishing up an 8ft workbench which has taken me the better part of 3 days to cut, assemble, and finish. In the final staged now. Not quite as fun as making a pen, but I need a new work surface to make those pens on, ha ha ha. Best wishes on the new projects

Might this be the heavy duty type of bench that would hold.....oh I don't know....let's say... a metal lathe?:)

wiset1

Might this be the heavy duty type of bench that would hold.....oh I don't know....let's say... a metal lathe?:)

:biggrin: Already had a store bought bench for that, but this was more about getting the workshop ready for more than just making pens in the future. I'll post some pics tonight. I plan to turn the metal lathe on this week and see what I can figure out.

wiset1

8312481270_d5136624d8_c.jpg

Top Bottom