Aero Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

My memory seems to be slipping so I'm hoping one of you can help me out. Its been a while since I made an Aero Pen, but I was going to do one the other night. Got the thing drilled and the tube glued in and went to face it (or square the ends with tube). This is where I ran into my current cunundrum. I have always used a barrel trimmer to do this. I thought that there was a sleeve that you used in conjuntion with a 7mm shaft for facing the blank. However I couldn't find the sleeve in my box. I found the sleeve for use with the sierra style pens, but not one for the Aero which uses the 23/64 drill bit. So then I thought maybe I had a special sized pilot/reamer/shaft. Again my search came up empty. So I've obviously not put something away and its floating around the shop. Unfortunately I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Am I looking for a sleeve as I originally thought or a pilot/reamer/shaft for use in conjuntion with the a pen mill? Any help would be appreciated.

MarkD

I guess the answer could be either. I personally use a 7mm pen mill and make sleeves for all the different tube sizes I use. Some people purchase different shafts.

mrcook4570

For some 'oddball' tubes, you can also use a smaller diameter 'common' tube that fits snugly inside the larger tube. Then use the sleeve or shaft for the smaller diameter tube to trim the blank.

It has been a while since I have made an aero, so my memory may be off. I seem to recall using an 8mm tube inside the aero tube, then using the pilot shaft for 8mm tubes.

Top Bottom