Aero / Elegant Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Anyone have instructions for this pen? Having a problem with operation of pen. Refill will not extend. Top will not turn easily.
Any suggestions. (Instructions I found online are all for Sierra style, not this model.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Thanks for the instructions. Assembly was just as I thought, and what I did. This is my first time using this particular kit. The top does not turn easily at all, it appears jammed. If you turn counter clockwise, the cap just unscrews, and no operation to the right. I checked the other kit I have and it is not much better. Top does operate, but tight. The refill is very stiff in the spring. The spring seems to bind in the nib section, not a smooth operation. I am testing this in parts, not assembly.

Maybe I just got a bad one.:mad:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I usually put a little bit of lubricant in the transmissions before I
assemble. Then I work it back and forth. Most transmissions loosen
up considerably after only a few seconds.

PenMan1

Thanks for the instructions. Assembly was just as I thought, and what I did. This is my first time using this particular kit. The top does not turn easily at all, it appears jammed. If you turn counter clockwise, the cap just unscrews, and no operation to the right. I checked the other kit I have and it is not much better. Top does operate, but tight. The refill is very stiff in the spring. The spring seems to bind in the nib section, not a smooth operation. I am testing this in parts, not assembly.

Maybe I just got a bad one.:mad:

Are you per chance using an EZ flow 9000? I had an issue once with this setup. The thicker label on the EZ was the culprit.

Oops! Just read that you are testing unassembled. The Aero is a little stiffer than Sierra, etc.
Additionally, I load the refill from the top, rather than the nib. It is easier to get everything to "synch up".

Last edited:

papaturner

If the inside of the tube is marred or is flared in (for a lack of a better term) it will make the pen hard to operate.damhikt BTW it will do the same thing if the inside is dirty.

Woodlvr

DAMHIKT either but Papaturner and I had the same tube issues.

BTW Charlie you turn pens?:eek::wink::biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
BTW Charlie you turn pens?:eek::wink::biggrin:

Naah.. I just have my carry pen. But I abuse it, so I have to keep
replacing the parts. :tongue:

I'm on my 6th barrel, 4th transmission, 4th spring, 7th refill, 3rd nib,
2nd final and 4th clip. But hey .. this thing really lasts!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom