Advice for new pen makers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc

I tell new or want to be pen makers how I started. I ordered 100 7mm pen tubes from Berea and started turning. By the time I finished the 50 sets I had my sanding and finishing down pretty good. No matter how hard you try it is going to take that much turning to get it all figured out and 100 tubes is only going to cost you $12.00 + postage.

Some else I would like to offer new pen turners is that no matter how closely I check each blank I always seem to drill or glue blanks I will not use. I make 100s of blanks at a time and it happens. I would like to offer these to practice on. If they have a tube already glued, .12 cents each and postage weight, no tube just postage weight.

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

They'll need some slimline kits too though. Making a lot of nice looking blanks is one thing. How they feel in the hand assembled along with the fit & finish is another.

Nice offer, care to take a few snapshots of what you consider unusable? I need to see if I can get my creative juices flowing and use them. Also, how many do you have? I'd be interested a batch.

You can email some pics to flatfour@gmail.com

Skye

Yes, but if you have the kind of luck I have, the tube will be poking out the side of the blank, lol

If they're at all turnable, I'm ready to order. My luck is never that good though. [:(]

Max

Hi Jim,
I sent you an email yesterday...did it make it to you?

thanks, Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom