Advice on a kit..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DennisM

Ok,

Well I have a small show I can goto next month, its at my sons school, small craft fair. Figure good way to get my feet wet so to speak.

Now all I will be showing is pens, Might make a few bottle stoppers as well. But so far all I have are slims and Wall Street II's.

I want to make another type of kit by then and was thinking the Jr Gent II but do not know if ordering them I will get them and still have time to turn them all by the 5th. Is there anything at Rockler or WC that is about on par with them? Or another kit that isnt to difficult to turn that is in the same class as them?

Dennis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cbatzi01

My Rockler in Cincy actually carries Jr. Gent II kits. Woodcraft carries the Sedona and Navigator kits, which are similar to Jr. Gent, but just a tiny, tiny bit smaller. I like the Jr. Gent better, but navigators are still very nice, and cost a little less. I really like the sedona kits a well.

Best of luck at the show!

mrcook4570

I might be wrong, but I would not expect to sell rollers or fountains at a small school show. Instead, I would opt for cigars to go along with your other pens.

BigguyZ

Cigars would make a good addition.

But Woodcraft does sell Navigators, which I think are $10 or so for Chrome. As noted, Rockler sells the Jr Gents in 10K and black ti. Also, Rockler has a deal going on right now, $15 off order $50 or more. My local Rockler doesn't require you to show the email, and they let you use it more than once (once per visit, though). So, if you get 3 Jr Gent kits plus a $1.50 wood blank, that'll bring you to just over the $50 mark, and you get them for $35+tax. That's only $12/ kit or so, which is about on par with online prices from CUSA.

nate peel

You might also th8ink about Euro's or designers. a little more heft that a slim but still small enough that the ladies like them.

Top Bottom