Adhesive Remover?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

What brand of Adhesive Remover do you use to release glue from your disc
Sander Plate? The one I currently use is 3M Automix #08215 Super Fast Adhesive Remover but it is discontinued. It was a Great Product.
I am using a Brynes Disc Sander with a Aluminum Plate.

Thanks
Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

Thanks Rick
But I guess it is pretty smelly. My Basement shop has no Ventilation.

KenV

Odorless mineral spirits works for many adhesives, and does not have a strong odor. Similar to Goo Gone in small can but much lower cost per ounce.

After use, the paper towels etc make a direct immediate trip outside to the trash container.

Works with 3M feathering cement for plain paper discs and psa discs that I use.

I usually heat the disc and paper with a blow dryer or heat gun before, and during removal. Many times I get the paper completely off in one piece without leaving a trace of the adhesive on the aluminum disc.

If any sticky stuff does get left behind, WD40 does a great job of getting it off.

Bill

Sylvanite

Xylene. It's a good solvent for most petroleum products (including PSA adhesive) and is less volatile than mineral spirits or acetone. It doesn't evaporate away while you're working -- which lets you scrape away the adhesive before it hardens back up.

Silverado

Thanks Guys for all the replies.

Hey Eric where would I buy Xylene?

Last edited:

randyrls

I have found a heat gun softens the glue and allows the disk to be peeled off. After that any of the options above will work. If the smell is a problem, carry it outside to finish removing glue residue. Wear nitrile gloves!

Top Bottom