acrylics "BULK"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dragoon

were can i buy acrylics in big sheet so i can cut my own blanks. also what would i need to get started on making my own acrylics and what sites could i get the material from thanx.

glycerine

Is there any place to buy sheets of acrylics to cut my own pen blanks out of.

If you're planning on cutting some, you'll more than likely be pouring it yourself. Look into a liquid acrylic resin. Search for PR resin or Alumilite. If you were to find a sheet of acrylic thick enough for a pen blank, it would probably be for a huge fish tank or something and would be clear and rediculously expensive! :)

KenV

Cast and extruded acrylics are available in a variety of sizes and some colors. Look at Ed Davidson's YoYos to see some of the opportunities available (Ed is known as YoYo Spin). Ed did a DVD on one piece yoyos that show cases his use of purchased acrylics.

Tell us more about the applications because there are lots of differnt products for different uses, and some work better than others -- e.g. cast vs extruded acrylics.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We can cut sheets for you. Many of the penblanks came from 2 foot square sheets of acrylic. What size are you looking for? What colors? See Madreperlato on www.exoticblanks.com . Thickness is 16-20mm depending on the color chosen.

dragoon

yes 45 min. west of madison on hwy 14. Im looking for acrylic sheets not blanks. Still with designs in them. I would also like to try making some of my own to see how that turns out. Dont know were to start with that though. I would like to make acrylics with swirls and stuff like that. What would i have to all get for that and what resins are beter for color mixes. thanx.

Top Bottom