acrylic question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwcatman

i recently turned a pen/pencil set using the same color/product #, model name etc acrylic blanks and they didn't look alike when finished. i mean, if they are both sold as "marble blue" shouldn't they look the same when turned and finished? they sure looked alike b4 i turned em. thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Every one is likely to be diff. And the chance of getting two from the same "batch" is not likely. They probably come down a line into a bin with hundreds of others. Keep in mind, every blank is unique.

arioux

Hi,

You probbly have more chance of getting a macth bettwenn wood blanks than plastic. Even in two peices cut side by side, the acrylics swirls or pattern could be completely different.

Alfred

Daddy1

I am glad I read this. I was thinking about making an acrylic pen and pencil set now I may reconsider. I agreed the great thing about acrylic are I can buy the same blank and it looks like I have a bigger variety and yes each is unique.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<b> <center> NOT ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </center> </b>

You want a set???

Call me!!!

We can cast them in PR or I can sell you the "cats", or I can pick two of any of the pearls (hand selected, they will match). You can use the metallics (again, hand selected to make sure they don't have "features" that will look different).

Tell me what you want and I will help you "Make it happen".

les-smith

You can have the same issue with wood. I think more so with wood than acrylics, especially if your buying wood blanks. If your cutting your own wood blanks from the same piece of wood it's likely not to be a problem. IMHO.

thewishman

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br /><b> <center> NOT ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </center> </b>

You want a set???

Call me!!!

We can cast them in PR or I can sell you the "cats", or I can pick two of any of the pearls (hand selected, they will match). You can use the metallics (again, hand selected to make sure they don't have "features" that will look different).

Tell me what you want and I will help you "Make it happen".

Ed's Dawn (PR_Princess) can make blanks turn into $$$. Beautiful colors and effects that polish to perfection. When I needed custom acrylic blanks I went to Dawn and she delivered - still getting compliments almost a year later. (Maybe I shouldn't post this - if Dawn gets too busy I may have a long wait next time I need special blanks.)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom