Acrylic Pin Holes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

julian Gaona

My son finished up a camo acrylic bolt action from PSI, when he showed it to me I noticed some fine pin holes possibly from air bubbles in the blank, We are new to pen making, any suggestions on fixing this in case it happens again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

My son finished up a camo acrylic bolt action from PSI, when he showed it to me I noticed some fine pin holes possibly from air bubbles in the blank, We are new to pen making, any suggestions on fixing this in case it happens again.

Showing some pics may help as the holes may be another issue depending on the blank. If they are from something else one of the many eagle eyed experts here may be able to help define the problem. With psi camo blanks, I've turned well over a hundred and haven't run into any manufacturing issues. Not trying to argue or anything, just saying it may be from last second chatter when turning. Better to know the cause and prevent than to make the same mistakes:) This coming from a slow learner:biggrin:

WriteON

I have a blank where I can see a void(hole). It's the first one I had out of 30 +.
Anyway please show a pic as requested earlier.

Top Bottom