acrylic finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dweir

OK, I looked through the library and searched the topics and still need a straight answer. I am getting ready to turn an acrylic blank (thanks Ernie) that is called Cloud I. I have it turned down to size with a skew and have it sanded to 12000 MM. Should I just hit it with Tripoli and White Diamond to get a nice shiny finish? I have some Meguiars plastic polish available, but I mainly turn wood using CA/BLO. This is a one-off Wedding pen for a buddy. What can I use to get a nice, shiny durable finish?

Thanks for listening to a stupid / noob pen addict.

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
What is the current state of the pen's finish ?? The Tripoli + White Diamond works great .. but sometimes a MM-12000-wet-sanded acrylic looks sweet straight off the MM ..

Post a pic .. I am sure everyone would like to see a Cloud shine !! :D

jcollazo

At this point you can just use the Meguiars polish. Sometimes I use the plastic polish twice if think it could shine up more, or if I still see some fine scratches on close inspection.

pipeyeti

If you have a buffer by all means use it. I use the tripoli , white diamond and then just the wax buff with nothing on it on all my acrylics and never a visible scratch. Yes takes a couple of minutes longer but you can't beat the results.

Top Bottom