Acrylic Blanks on Sale!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shootintom

If you are looking for bargains on acrylic blanks check out woodcraft.com in their clearance area and pick up some blanks for a $1.49!!!!!!!! I didn't buy them all!

Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigguyZ

Yeah, they've had that for some time now. I picked up about 40 blanks recently at that price... Now I have a ton of acrylic, so not it's about saving to buy more kits....

Hogdriver

Free shipping right now, too (before 2 November according to their web site).

I haven't turned acrylics yet. Does anyone have any experience with Woodcraft acrylic blanks? Any comments?

Thanks,
-HD

Last edited:

Crashmph

Free shipping right now, too (until 2 November according to their web site).

I haven't turned acrylics yet. Does anyone have any experience with Woodcraft acrylic blanks? Any comments?

Thanks,
-HD

I have turned over a hundred of there acrylics with no real problems at all. Just my mistakes of using a dull chisel. Use sharp chisels and you will be fine. Only the Solid Black blank has ever given me a little bit of a problem, it is rather brittle compared to the rest.

the_benz

I was able to walk into my local WC and buy all the same blanks for 1.49. They were not priced that way on the shelf, but once I mentioned the website pricing they gave me the special price.
Gregg

BigguyZ

I was able to walk into my local WC and buy all the same blanks for 1.49. They were not priced that way on the shelf, but once I mentioned the website pricing they gave me the special price.
Gregg

I dunno. The local stores are franchises, not chains. So if they're taking a loss at the $1.49 price, you're hurting the owner of that particular store. And the website has free shipping, so I'd say best to go there instead. Just my $0.02.

Obviously if they're cool with it, that's their decision. But although I like to go local, not when it's to their detriment.

Top Bottom