acrylic blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alan1970

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to pen turning and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make there own acrylic blanks? They look great but are so expensive for a new turner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Welcome to the forum, Alan. Lots...TONS...of info about making acrylic blanks here. I haven't done any yet, but I did purchase a pressure pot yesterday. Check out the Library or search for "casting".

doddman70

Check ot the casting and stabilization forum lots of people make or pour there own blanks most use polyester resin as well as a couple of other mediums there are also alot of tutorials on IAP about how to do it. its pretty easy and alot of fun. good luck

Shane

Brewmeister35

Hi Alan, you can find info on casting in the casting and stabilization section of the forum. It costs a bit to get into it. If you want to try acrylics cheap, have a peek at the business classified's. There's a post there for some crushed velvet blanks that are pretty cheap if you're doing smaller pens. They turn out great too!

gerryr

Welcome to the IAP. One thing, though, you can't make your own acrylic blanks. That requires a HUGE investment in equipment. You can make polyester resin and epoxy blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom