Accellerator for paint inside the hole?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Craig -- time an air curiculation are the only cure I know of for paint --

Heat does speed up the drying, but it is easy to over heat and some paint cracks/crazes when heated very much.

Acrylic paint do not take a long time to dry - and acrylics I stocked up on at Michaels seem to be workably dry in an hour or so --

CREID

Is there such a thing like they have for CA ? I using a heat gun when in a pinch

Actually air flow will be more helpfull than heat. Paint that dries by evaporation of solvents needs to have the solvents that have evaporated moved away from the surface to allow more solvents to come out.
Curt

Dan_F

I've been thinking of building a "kiln" powered by a small light bulb, just a box with a bulb in the bottom and a screen of some sort for the blanks to sit vertically on. The warm air would rise through the painted blanks. Right now I place them vertically over the vents on my little stereo amplifier to let them cure over night. My shop is in the basement, not so conducive to drying.

Dan

CREID

I've been thinking of building a "kiln" powered by a small light bulb, just a box with a bulb in the bottom and a screen of some sort for the blanks to sit vertically on. The warm air would rise through the painted blanks. Right now I place them vertically over the vents on my little stereo amplifier to let them cure over night. My shop is in the basement, not so conducive to drying.

Dan

A friend of mine make recurve bows. He made a oven to dry the paint when he painted them, about 4 feet by 18" by 2 feet deep. originally he powered it with 2 heat lamps but that was way too hot and he settled on one. Something small enough to dry pen blanks shouldn't need to much wattage and be very effective. Great idea.
Curt

clapiana

I also have a shop in my basement with 6 foot concrete walls so it's like an igloo year round . Painting tubes was resolved with high quality spay paint the cheap stuff would be sticky for days.

The holes are the same with the
model paint unless I use a heat gun on low a light bulb kiln might be the trick with a computer fan.

Top Bottom