Acacia for flooring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello all. Browsing Amazon I found a place where you can buy wood for flooring. To know what you are buying, you can buy some samples. So for about 5 dlls I got those two 5" x 8" x 3/4" Acacia Walnut samples. After cutting, I managed to get five 3/4 x 3/4 x 8 blanks out of one piece. From one of those I turned this Polaris pen. I like the looks of that wood, and its just a little over $0.50 per 3/4 x 3/4 x 8 blank... unbeatable.
I plan to cut the other piece in the other direction. I think I can get a more interesting blank

Attachments

• Pens 143.jpg
    Pens 143.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Pens 144.jpg
    Pens 144.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Pens 146.jpg
    Pens 146.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Pens 148.jpg
    Pens 148.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

GaryMGg

Ulises,

Nice pens.

Some questions:
Does the $5.00 include you're delivery costs?
I ask because 2 X 5" X 8" pieces equates to $9 per board foot.
Walnut usually sells for about $4.5 to $5.25 per board foot.

If that includes the delivery costs, that's a pretty good deal.
If because of where you're located there's no other reasonable way to get timber, that's a pretty good deal.
However, if there's delivery costs above the $5.00, you can possibly do better buying small quantities of wood by the board foot.

Keep up the nice work.

Ulises,

Nice pens.

Some questions:
Does the $5.00 include you're delivery costs?
I ask because 2 X 5" X 8" pieces equates to $9 per board foot.
Walnut usually sells for about $4.5 to $5.25 per board foot.

If that includes the delivery costs, that's a pretty good deal.
If because of where you're located there's no other reasonable way to get timber, that's a pretty good deal.
However, if there's delivery costs above the $5.00, you can possibly do better buying small quantities of wood by the board foot.

Keep up the nice work.

Good point. Appreciate it. I live in Mexico and usually prices of wood are much higher here, however, with a little work sometimes I can manage to get some nice deals. I found a guy selling 8" x 1' x 3/4" boards of Red Cedar for about $1.50 dlls.

Top Bottom