Abranet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Does anyone know who sells abranet or where Lyle Walden purchased it for his recent group buy? I used some this weekend and love it. Want to get some. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkoehler

Don,
I bought some with the group buy.
I now love the stuff and dont know if i will be able to go back to that other stuff ( sandpaper ).
i am not sure where he buys it but PSI also sells it.

its_virgil

Thanks for the suggestions. I was at Lyles shop this week and he gave me a set and now I'm hooked. I'm sorry I didn't get in on the group purchase, but I wasn't familiar with it at the time. Thanks again to all for the info.
Happy New Year and Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Hey Don ..... I may be wrong about this but ... try an auto body paint supply shop.

Thumbs

Don, if you go to Lyle's original posting for the group buy,you'll find all his notes and explanation of the sources in the "Green" paragraph at the bottom of his thread's header! I wish I had seen it before, too![:(]

<b>Edit In</b>: I didn't see it listed on WoodTurningz New Year's Sale Specials, but you know those guys will give you as good a deal or better than anybody else will![:)]

lwalden

I don't think you can buy directly from Mirka- PSI carries a package that has 2 each of the 5" sheets in 120, 180, 240, 320, and 400, for somewhere in the $11 or $12 range. We ended up buying at about a third of that cost in the bulk buy through a company called beaver tools
http://www.btisupply.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=370
you do have to purchase each grit in multiples of 50, hence the bulk buy using them. I liked the suggestion about contacting an automtive supplier- Body shops use the 16 1/2" lengths on their long air sanders. we had good participation on the bulk buy, but since it was a first time use for most of the participants, there were a lot that bought just two or three of each grit. Given all the positive feedback from the new users, might very well be enough interest in picking up a larger quantity to make it worth doing another group buy. I'll post on the group buy board and see what interest levels there are out here....

I bought mine from PSI .. also got the plastic finishing kit for acrylics... this is great stuff...I've worn out one set already and lost my last new sheet of 120 grit to the dust collector this weekend... still haven't found it.. if we get another bulk buy going, would be interested..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom