About Writer's Edge - Fisher pen store?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mi6

Hi,

Anyone knows about "Writer's Edge" - a Fisher pen store?
http://thewritersedge.com
It's been more than 40 days since I ordered (and paid) a Engraved Fisher pen from them, but I didn't received anything yet.
I sent them few e-mails, also sent one fax, to ask them what happened with my pen, but they not answer. They also not respond if you call by phone.
So, I really dont know what to do. Any suggestions? Any help?
Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Hi,
Hopefully you paid by credit card. If so, call the card company and tell them what happened. They will take care of it. You can then call teh BBB. That wont help, but it will make you feel better. [:)]

Randy_

Just for fun, I emailed a link to this thread to the customer service department of Fisher Pens. This is a copy of the response that I received.

Thank you for letting me know. This customer is in Macedonia and customs sent the package back with added information needed. The company was recently considered Yugoslavia. This customers emails were going into our spam filtering system. I will try and email him again.

Not quite sure how Fisher was able to identify the customer; but if what they say is accurate, this supports the old idea that there are always two sides to every story. It will be interesting to see how this turns out??

Mi6

Thank you very much Randy.

I guess this forum done the job.
Yes, it's correct, after 50 days, today they e-mailed me with the same e-mail as yours.
So, finally maybe I'll receive the pen.

Cheers,

[:p]

Mi6

We shipped your package and it should be delivered soon.

Still waiting!

bored.gif

Randy_

How long has it been??

According the the USPS web site, the most likely shipping mode is estimated to take 6-10 days and from what very little I know about international shipping, they may be a bit optimistic. Additionally, things can always get hung up in customs at the point of entry. From what I recall, you may still be inside the "normal" delivery window. I wouldn't start to be concerned until it has been 14 days from the notification of shipping and even then I would give them another week or so. And you could always email them and ask for an estimated arrival date.

Mi6

<b>Happy 4th of July!</b>

Still nothing. It's been 16 days since I (also like Randy) received an e-mail from The Writersedge, that the package ware shipped. They wrote me: package <b>shipped</b> (for the second time). But I still not receive anything. I don't know what's the matter with them. The Writersedge are completly mather****ers.
In my life, I had never wait two months for any shippment from the USA. I had ordered many things by e-mail to Macedonia-Europe, but never wait more than 15 days for anything.
This is crazy. It's not for the money (btw I paid $34 for it), but that engraved pan I really need it, because was for a gift to very close friend. Now it's over. My friend gone. I don't need it anymore.
Mather****ers.

hairpull.gif

Randy_

That kind of language is not going to get your order delivered any faster!![:(!][:(!]

We'll do our best to help you out; but please keep your comments within the bounds of propriety for this board!

Email me the order number, your name and address and I will call them and see what the problem is.

gerryr

Very interesting. The last time you posted, more than a year ago you were ranting about not getting a response from Porche about a pen. Now here you are ranting about someone else. It seems that you are only looking for an outlet for your frustration. Frankly, based on your attitude in that original post and in this one, Randy is offering to bend over backwards about three times. If you're just looking for a place to complain, maybe you could find somewhere else.

Mi6

Sorry guys, I was a really nervous.
But what is the problem if you put some **** in to your text? [:p]

And yes gerry, I’m also frustrate. Because I’m waiting 2 months for one Fisher pen.
But this pen means very very much to me. You probably not understand me well. As I say it was for a gift to very very close friend.
And for my Porsche pen post, what’s the problem about that. That pen was defected and after all, I received correct Porsche pen for my collection.

Randy Email sent.

Mi6

gerryr

The point is that the only time you come on this site is when you want or expect someone here to do something for you. And it always has to do with commercial pens.

Mi6

grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EThanks+for+the+Email+Randy%5E_%5E.gif

Sorry gerry, I'm not so enthusiastic to get into desscusions.
Maybe because my English is not good. But from time to time I read the posts.
And if you like to see that I'm not interesting only for comercial pens, I'd send you this pic, from one custom pen maker Rick Hinderer which is my next plan to buy it.

Cheers,

Hinderer3120004BLACKlgSM.jpg

Randy_

Originally posted by Mi6<br />Sorry guys, I was a really nervous. But what is the problem if you put some **** in to your text? [:p]

Two problems..... People are pretty sharp here and know what the stars mean so there really isn't much question about your intent. Secondly, the stars did not show up in the email notification message so lots of people are getting the raw uncensored language. I don't want to come across as a prude cause I do have some "salt" in my vocabulary.....being a professional sailor for six years will do that to you. But, there are places where that stuff is appropriate and places where it is not so please try to tone it down in the future.

Originally posted by Mi6
<br />.....And yes gerry, I’m also frustrate. Because I’m waiting 2 months for one Fisher pen. But this pen means very very much to me. You probably not understand me well. As I say it was for a gift to very very close friend. And for my Porsche pen post, what’s the problem about that. That pen was defected and after all, I received correct Porsche pen for my collection.....

We all understand your frustration..... everyone of us has had a similar problem at one time or another. Just try to remember that this is a family board and we like to keep things on a little higher level. You will find folks here who are willing to help if you approach things in the appropriate manner.

Originally posted by Mi6<br />.....Randy Email sent.

Got it. I'll see if I can get anything done for you.

JimM

I have to agree with gerryr. I sent an email to Writer's Edge and the response from Traci in customer service is as follows:
To quote Paul Harvey, "Now for the rest of the story."
------------------------------------
Everyone is so quick to believe the customer.What about the company, who actually sent the shipment? We sent the shipment to this guy in Macedonia. This package arrived back to us with paperwork to be filled out for Yugoslavia. The customer was notified and said that Macedonia used to be considered "former Yugoslavia". We reshipped the package at no added cost to the customer. This is why many companies will not ship to specific countries, one of which is Macedonia. We cannot hand deliver the package. All we can do is to ship the package and than our hands are tide until the package has gone through our customs and has cleared the customers country's customs, and then has reached the customer. I cannot walk the package to the customer, and assure that sticky hands do not snatch it or make sure that it goes in and out of customs in a timely manor. I cannot tell you how many times, we have been taken by fraudulent customers and fraudulent cardholders that have us ship to other countries. There have been even more times where we have shipped to another country and the customer says they never received the package. We go through the long paperwork process, and invest the time and manpower, just to find out that they did not tell the truth. They think that since they are overseas, that we just have to take their word for it, and reship a brand new order. It may be a drawn out process, but often these customers are prooved wrong. This customer has me seriously considering adding his country to the list that we will not ship to.

The customer paid 10.00 for shipping to another country, not 32.00 as he stated. Furthermore, after the last email to the customer, --- he never responded. He never contacted us saying that he had still not received the package. The first I heard of it is when he decided to complain to this pen forum again, and then someone forwarded it to me. All we can do is to assume a customer has their package if they do not communicate with us letting us know otherwise. There is a point where unfortunately "the customer is not always right". Everyone is so quick to judge. They take anyones word over a company. I am a small company who personally dealt with this customers order directly, so I clearly know what was done .

All this customer had to do was to contact us saying, I still have not received my package. We would have done some investigating to authenticate that claim, and then would have been more than happy to ship his pen again, -- this time by a different means probably involving a required signature. This way would have taken even longer for delivery, since it would be monitored its whole destination, -- but would have satisfied the customer and us at the same time. Did we hear from him? No, -- but the pen forum did.

There can be another side to a story, and that is mine.
------------------------------------

JimM

bradbn4

I have bought more than a few pens from this company - and had always obtained the items in a timely manner. However; it has been at least 4 years sense my last order. I use to give away these pens to my coworkers as nice Christmas gifts.

There are a few other companies that sell the Fisher space pen, but not sure if any handle out of country orders. The only reason I stopped buying pens from them, is well, I started to make my own pens. :)

bradbn4 - having fun here in Colorado

Mi6

rolleye0007.gif

All this doesn’t have a sense anymore! It’s under my intellectual and any kind of level to discuss about this.
But for the end of my discussion I’ll try to explain/imagine what actually happened. As they said:
This package arrived back to us with paperwork to be filled out for Yugoslavia.
They probably sent my package to Yugoslavia. (People did you watch sometimes TV?) Yugoslavia as a country doesn’t exist for 17 years. She disintegrates on six countries. Did you hear about Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia etc? That was Yugoslavia. And Macedonia too.
So today, name of my country is the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) or just Macedonia. And USA officially recognized my country as a Macedonia. That name (FYROM) stay on the country list on the writhersedge web site. I don’t know why will my country be a problematic (specific) country, as they said. The mistake here is on the writersedge side. They put wrong country name.
I’ll repeat I had ordered many many things by e-mail from USA to Macedonia and never had any problems and never wait more than 15 days for anything. But I’m afraid that the writhersedge put only Yugoslavia on the package and of course, the customs returned the package, because Yugoslavia doesn’t exist. That will be equal if you send a letter to SSSR which does not exist anymore and not to Russia or Ukraine or ...
That is how I see the things.

And for the another point
...after the last email to the customer, --- he never responded. He never contacted us saying that he had still not received the package
Writeregde are you ok? Before I receive your email I sent to you few e-mails (you not respond), I was trying to find you by phone (you not answered), I sent one fax with text about my problem (you not respond), I tried to contact directly to Fisher pens company, to get some help from them (there was no respond), until Randy from here calls you. And how you say “He never contacted us saying that he had still not received the packageâ€.
Look, I didn’t want to contact you anymore, I done my best, but you ignored me and you err the job.
That is.

gerryr

Tell you what, next time you have a problem with a pen, just post that simple message here, nothing else. I or someone else will then send you a quarter so you can call someone who cares to listen your foolishness.

Randy_

I don't think any of us know the complete story here and I think there are comments being made on both sides that are neither appropriate nor constructive. Why don't we lay the "name calling" aside and see if we can find the missing pen?

grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EThanks !!!%5E_%5E.gif

gerryr

Randy, it was absolutely not directed at you. It was directed at the person who only shows up here to complain about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom