About Porsche pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mi6

Hi guys,
Yesterday I missed the forum. Here is now my problem.

I’m from Europe and I bought from one Europe Porsche driver selection web store “911 Ballpoint Pen - Black Finish†(pic 0).
It’s very nice pen, but I’m little confused about it and therefore I came here if anybody is Porsche pen fans, maybe he will help.
When I look close up my pen, I noticed that the top of the pen is a little different color nuance (shade) from other part of the pen (part with pocket clip). Actually this color different nuance from two parts of the pen is not some kind of big color difference. Many people even couldn’t see it. But, because I’m perfectionist, this little difference in the color from two parts of the pen, disturb me very much.
So, could you tell me is this a normal on this pen? Is this a usual? Are actually all black Porsche 911 Ballpoint Pen looks like equally?
I send a few pictures for comparison.
I send thae same letter to Porsche shop, but still not receive the answer.
So, if anybody have the same pen, please write me.
Thanks.

Image Insert:
200632120022_0.jpg

2006321201448_aaaaa1.jpg

2006321201532_bbbbbb1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

huh, that almost looks like two different materials, or at least two different finishes. Is the bottom barrel a plating?

Maybe Bruce B. will jump in and offer an opinion.

gerryr

My guess is that instead of applying the coating or whatever it is to both parts in the same batch, the two parts were done in different batches. Either that or the substrate wasn't prepared to the same degree on each part so they took the coating differently.

I'd call it defective. Anything with "Porsche" on it is going to cost a fair amount of money and for that it should not look like that.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
For $95 you'd think they could do a better job of matching the paint...yes, it's black paint. Here's a link that gives a picture of what yours should look like. http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/parkplaceporsche_1885_2464094 I'd ask for an exchange.

Mi6

Yes DCBluesman,

The pen should look just as in your picture.
But look at man, what I actually received.
[:(][:(][V][V][:(!][:(!][}:)][}:)]
[}:)][}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom