AAW Face to Face?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
This was posted by Angelo (AAW president) in the Penmakers Guild. He really meant to address this to everyone in any of the groups - I'm just helping him out by posting it here.

"We are thinking that it would be good to have a rotation for all members of the PenMakers' Guild, Penturners and the IAP who are AAW members.

We are thinking at this point it should be loosely structured so that we can mingle, share stories etc.

We can plan to have this during one of the scheduled rotations.

Is this something that we should pursue? Is there enough interest? Any ideas about how to structure it? Should we have it a lunch and the rotation immediately thereafter?

A

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turnitall

Originally posted by woodbutcher
<br />I'm not sure what "rotation" is. All are welcome here as it is now, perhaps it is my ignorance of rotation. Can someone explain? Thanks in advance,
Jim [:I]

He is talking about having AAW members who are in the penturning forums do a demonstration at the AAW Convention this year.. they call the demonstrations rotations when more than one person is doing demonstrations...
It has nothing to do with being here on the forum...

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ok, so I'm thick as a brick. Would this be in addition to Rich's rotations? And are you looking for penturners who are also AAW members to staff the rotation? Sorry, but I must have my dunce cap on tonight...blame it on the CA glue. [8D]

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Turnitall
<br />He is talking about having AAW members who are in the penturning forums do a demonstration at the AAW Convention this year.. they call the demonstrations rotations when more than one person is doing demonstrations...
It has nothing to do with being here on the forum...
I'm just the messenger, but let me try to explain a little more. Right, this is about the AAW convention, not the IAP forum! What Angelo was proposing was to have a room set aside for 1 of the time slots for pen folks to get together. Angelo assumes that Symposium participants are already AAW members - that is not necessarily so! You do not have to be an AAW member to attend the convention - I believe though when you register you get a discount as a member in the amount of the membership fee, at least that's how it was when I first joined a few years ago - so any pariticipant automatically becomes a member for a year. Anyway, there's no restriction - anyone would be welcome!

A 'rotation' at a convention is a time slot, nothing else. Has nothing to do with multiple demonstrators.

I assume this is in addition to demos I am scheduled for. Thanks for the link, Ed - first time I saw the schedule!

So all Angelo was asking is some sort of show of hands I think - how many people expect to be there, would it be worthwhile to set aside a time slot? I don't even know if Angelo is a member here... when he asked me whether I thought it was a good idea I told him to go run with it, and make sure he invited everyone. Well, I guess it didn't occur to him to post here... he only posted 1 place... so I am just passing the word

Russb

Below is the website for the AAW - American Association of Woodturners. A great organization with member clubs around the country and overseas. All kinds of woodturning is discussed in their magazine. Even penturning.

http://www.woodturner.org/

low_48

I'll be there. Bringing some boxes of blanks for sale or trade. It would be nice to have a rotation for a get together. Maybe a 5 minute show and tell by everyone to show some new stuff, or your best stuff, or special technique? Some of the best discussions we have at our turning club is when we bring in tools or projects that didn't work. Let's have some fun in that rotation!!!

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom