9 mm Pencil Kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

I am looking for a pencil kit that has a 9mm transmisssion. Any one have any suggestions? I know there are a few 7mm kits out there, but I have not had any luck finding anything larger.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnson

Take a look at Nick Cook's website. He has an article on making a wood body for the plastic Pentel pencils. I have made a lot of these and it really works nice. You end up with a one piece body, but matching the wood to a pen still makes a nice set. So far no one has complained. You can find a link to his site from woodturningonline.com. I think the guts are the same for the 5mm as the 7mm and 9mm. All you need to do is make a stepped hole. The article explains everything.
Dale

its_virgil

The cigar, euro, americana, jr gent, perfect fit, seirra(no pencil but adaptable), atlas, wall street, and probable other kits all come with a pencil kit for making sets. The schmidt refill is adaptable to some kits as per the instructions floating aroung the articles section.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by Thomas
<br />I am looking for a pencil kit that has a 9mm transmisssion. Any one have any suggestions? I know there are a few 7mm kits out there, but I have not had any luck finding anything larger.

Randy_

Originally posted by laurie sullivan
<br />hey thomas, 9mm is almost like a carpenters pencil. they do make a 5.6mmx 80mm workshop pencil but have never seen a one that big. good luck laurie

I'm guessing there was a typo here and he is really looking for a 0.9mm mechanism???

Thomas

Yes, it was a typo. I am looking for a .9mm transmission. Actually I read the referenced articles and think I am good to go. Thanks for all of the constructive comments.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Thomas
<br />Yes, it was a typo. I am looking for a .9mm transmission. Actually I read the referenced articles and think I am good to go. Thanks for all of the constructive comments.

I think, but I am not sure, the Berea kits for the American Flattop and the European pencil are 0.9 mm. Unfortunately, I don't like the way the lead is loaded and make these not longer.

Randy_

Originally posted by Rudy Vey
[brI think, but I am not sure, the Berea kits for the American Flattop and the European pencil are 0.9 mm. Unfortunately, I don't like the way the lead is loaded and make these not longer.

I looked through the Berea catalog and saw pencil kits only for 0.5 and 0.7 mm lead.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Originally posted by Rudy Vey
[brI think, but I am not sure, the Berea kits for the American Flattop and the European pencil are 0.9 mm. Unfortunately, I don't like the way the lead is loaded and make these not longer.

I looked through the Berea catalog and saw pencil kits only for 0.5 and 0.7 mm lead.

Guess I had a mind fart, they are 0.7 mm and not 0.9 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom