8mm transmission supplier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ump416542

I purchased 6 classic pen kits from psi and three of the transmissions were inoperable. Where can I find 8mm transmissions. I have searched to no avail

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

That is a good question. I ordered a bunch of Classic Twists from Rizheng. Of the three I've made, two had a bad transmission. I will contact Rizheng and see if I can get replacements/if they'll look into the problem. If I get ahold of new transmissions I'll send some your way.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
That is a good question. I ordered a bunch of Classic Twists from Rizheng. Of the three I've made, two had a bad transmission. I will contact Rizheng and see if I can get replacements/if they'll look into the problem. If I get ahold of new transmissions I'll send some your way.
You have to be able to live with a $25.00 minimum shipping charge....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Understand people that all 8mm transmissions are created equal...they are sometimes threaded and the threads need to match your use or they won't work...that's why Berea lists them as being for a specific kit(s) rather than as a 8mm transmission. In this case the twist mechanism threads must match the coupler threads.....So Be Careful going to someone other than the kit supplier for a transmission.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Understand people that all 8mm transmissions are created equal...they are sometimes threaded and the threads need to match your use or they won't work...that's why Berea lists them as being for a specific kit(s) rather than as a 8mm transmission. In this case the twist mechanism threads must match the coupler threads.....So Be Careful going to someone other than the kit supplier for a transmission.

Good point, Smitty.
However, the PSI Classic Pen kit looks exactly like the Berea Flat Top Americana as best I can tell from the photos at each site. Still a phone call to one or both to confirm that they are indeed the same kit would be prudent.

SteveG

I also am on the lookout for 8mm trans, but for a different reason. I make the Aaron Lau type of European pen, because it uses a Parker style refill. But the kit comes with a double twist trans which I would like to replace with a single direction trans. I haven't tried the Berea offerings, since I was not aware they offered them. So I will check 'em out.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Good point, Smitty.
However, the PSI Classic Pen kit looks exactly like the Berea Flat Top Americana as best I can tell from the photos at each site. Still a phone call to one or both to confirm that they are indeed the same kit would be prudent.
The parts that could give you a problem you can't tell in a photo (usually) if they are the same or different threads.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I also am on the lookout for 8mm trans, but for a different reason. I make the Aaron Lau type of European pen, because it uses a Parker style refill. But the kit comes with a double twist trans which I would like to replace with a single direction trans. I haven't tried the Berea offerings, since I was not aware they offered them. So I will check 'em out.

Steve,
Both the PSI and the Berea kits are double twist, so the Berea transmissions will undoubtedly be double twist as well.

Top Bottom