8mm bullet pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

Anybody make your own 30.06 cartridge pens from an 8mm kit? I was comparing parts from a flat top kit with the setup I was working on after I stole the tube from it (this kit was missing its transmission too) thinking an 8mm tube would be easier, only problem is the nib size.

Sabaharr

If you can find a friend that is a reloader you might try using some actual 30 cal bullet tips and drill them for your nibs. They add some weight but the result is a more authentic looking bullet. I have some kits I bought "somewhere" years ago that I never put together that did this with .308 bullets. The blank looks awesome, I just have been too busy making sellable pens to try them out. Lord knows I have a few thousand 30 cal tips I could experiment with if I had the time since I reload them. Might be worth a "SHOT" if you want to try it out. Sorry, pun was irresistible.

lorbay

Anybody make your own 30.06 cartridge pens from an 8mm kit? I was comparing parts from a flat top kit with the setup I was working on after I stole the tube from it (this kit was missing its transmission too) thinking an 8mm tube would be easier, only problem is the nib size.

I made 20 of these for a customer. They were nickle plated and I used a slimline trans with a real 8mm bullet. The 8mm makes a pretty big pen.
Lin.

KenV

7mm tube fits into a 0.307 or 0.308 mouth of a 30 cal casing

8 mm pen tube is a bit too large for a 30 cal casing but fits into an 8mm or larger casing

Or you can make a bullet nib and adapt the tube to fit into the end of the bullet --

Slimline nib is almost perfect for a 30 cal case

Top Bottom