800watt on ebay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

themartaman

Bought from him. Paid on 26th of last month. Does not answer emails and I do not have item yet. Could have bought the same item for $5 more on east coast. Would have in my possession now and using. Ebays new rules will force him to react in a different manner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I bought from them on the 22nd of April, and had my order by around May 1. No emails regarding shipping, or anything else. for most other ebay purchases I'll get a notification of shipping -- not them. I had read enough on this forum to expect slow delivery, so wasn't even expecting mine as quickly as rec'd. I'd give it another few days......

themartaman

I sent him an email asking about a collet chuck he did not have listed. Sent me an invoice which I paid. Same price as others he had listed. I knew he was a little slow but not this slow. I was getting it for a Boy Scout Troop. Now they are up the creek. Needed it this weekend. If I buy from him again it will be under ebays new rules which are going to be strict. Guess I will have to find another solution for the boys.

themartaman

Thought I would add. Under ebays new rules a seller has to send tracking or confirmation number for every sale. Goes into effect in June I believe.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I guess we're more patient up here in the frozen north - I don't expect anything through the mail before a month has passed....it's only been about 10 days, has it not?

Still, he should be a bit more accessible via email, one would think.

Woodlvr

He has always been slow then, it took almost 3 weeks 2 years ago when I purchased my collet set. He would not answer my emails at 10 days to find out how it was shipped. We are certainly spoiled, well I am as all of our members ship as fast as possible and it is less that a week and we have our product. I am sorry that it messed up your scout plans.

bruce119

A quick check of his feedback reflects slow shipping and pore communication.

33 Neg in the last month 179 Neg past year :eek:

Not too good even for a high volume seller.

I have been on eBay for over 10 years buying and selling not real high volume but 443 feedback and have a 100% score and prod of it.

Some seller get themselves overwhelmed and backed up. That creates slow shipping and they tend to ignore emails because they get so many.

Bruce

pipecrafter

I got my collet set pretty fast. I'd guess it was about a week or 10 days, and I wasn't expecting it for at least 2-3 weeks - actually, I figured it would be drop-shipped from Hong Kong or Taiwan, so I didn't have any preconceived notions of when it might reach me.

That said, the seller does seem to have a bad habit of selling stuff he's *expecting* to have in stock, and not stuff he's got ready to ship out that day. Other sellers have the same stuff, and have better feedback as well - though they're a few dollars more.

wickford

I'd say just hang in there...He's definitely slow. I too had the same problem. Placed order, and some time passed, and I received no shipping notifications. Sent him an e-mail that was never acknowledged. Then a couple days later the collets showed up on my doorstep...Although it was only about a week and a half for me...Hope you receive yours soon!!

themartaman

Thanks for comments He will get better or it will cost him with ebay. Will have to have tracking or confirmation number sent in 3 days. Communication is also part of the new rules.

DurocShark

And eBay has historically been soo good at enforcing their rules.

Did you know they have a rule against overcharging for shipping? Yet, all the time I see items for $2 with $45 shipping.

Don't count on eBay to help you. Instead, vote with your wallet and buy from good sellers.

It sounds like time for JohnnyCNC to start making collet chucks!

TBone

Have to agree with some others, always been slow and poor communication. It is very aggravating, but never known anyone to not receive their items. If speed is of the essence, he is not your man.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I bought my collet set in a buy it now thing and he had it to me 3 days later. Maybe he is on vacation or something.

Randy_

Thanks for comments He will get better or it will cost him with ebay. Will have to have tracking or confirmation number sent in 3 days. Communication is also part of the new rules.

I guess that is a good thing; but it will cost eBay sellers more and they will just past the cost along to the buyer and lots of folks are already complaining about prices at eBay.

Sorry you had this difficulty; but 800watt is well known to be inconsistent with his shipping times and a notorious non-communicator. Perhaps you should have done a little more pre-sale research and seems to me that if you knew you had an approaching deadline, it would have been prudent to verify the guy could meet it??

That being said, you will get your order......might take 30 days, though. 800watt is an honest vendor and no one has ever reported losing money to the guy.

Top Bottom