7mm transmission too tight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aerotech

i did some research here and found this to be a common problem but was unable to find too many solutions.

one is to clean the preservative off the transmission and lubricate with some other type of oil. i tend to agree with this but was wondering if anyone had any lessons learned from doing this.

another was to put CA glue inside the upper tube to tighten the fit of the tube. this corrected the "slipping" but obvously not the tight transmission.

Does anyone know if these transmissions will loosen up over time with normal use? Thanks for any imputs

Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've had slim tranny's that were OK to begin with get very tight after sitting in the pen for dome time. I've had good success loosening up the tranny by using a very small drop of 3-in-1 oil in it.

Aerotech

Thanks for the advice Manny. i'm not sure what 3-in-1 oil is but i'll put a drop of something in it and see if it will loosen up a bit.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
3 in 1 oil was used in sewing machines when I was a kid (Mannie, I had no idea you were old enough to remember those!!)

Look in Sewing store.

tim self

One more thing I do is put ALL my slim trans in acetone for a little while to clean the grease out of them. THEN put a drop of 3 in 1 in them. especially helps then the cold weather effects a pen at a show.

Top Bottom