7mm accesories

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlmort1980

Ok, I am still new to penturning but I am set up to slimlines on a 7mm mandrel and bushings. My question is what other pens can I do on this mandrel and what other supplies would I need to do them? I am trying to find something new to do with the least amount of cost. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
7mm

Comfort Style, streamline/trimline, designer/euro, longwood, patrizo, detachable necklace, mini bullet, credit card pen, teachers pen. To name a few that use 7mm tubes some require bushings. There are several more you can turn with only 8mm drill bits or 10mm drill bits and bushings

mick

Everything I've ever turned on a mandrel was using a 7mm mandrel. All the kits I've used have bushings which fit a 7mm so your mandrel no problem...all you need are bushings for whatever pen kit you'd like to turn.

Lenny

You may want to investigate the many variations on a slimline like described here http://www.woodturnerruss.com/Pens.html

When your ready to try some of the more expensive kits, PSI often has specials that include the bushings, drill bits,and trimmer sleeves included with the kit often for the price of the kit alone.

JohnU

Welcome to the madness! lol Like Mick said above, all you need to do now is purchase your new kits and bushings and they will all turn on the 7mm mandrel. I can remember being where you are now, wanting to try new kits but not having the bushings or worried about the cost of learning. I had a few members here send me stuff to try out and learn with and want to carry on the help. Send me a personal message with your mailing address and I will send you a box of of some extra kits and bushings I have. This way you can see what you like to turn and invest from there.

DurocShark

You may want to investigate the many variations on a slimline like described here http://www.woodturnerruss.com/Pens.html

When your ready to try some of the more expensive kits, PSI often has specials that include the bushings, drill bits,and trimmer sleeves included with the kit often for the price of the kit alone.

Most of Russ' mods can be done to Euros too, for a pen with a bit more girth.

The one with silver hardware is a slim, gold hardware a euro:

slimblkslvr.jpg

euroblkgldslvr.jpg

Top Bottom