7/8" blank size suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RosezPenZ

Hi guys, I've got a customer that wants a 'Majestic' pen. He wants a red blank that will be reminiscence of the original fountain pen days. I've found a few I like but they only go to 3/4". Can't even find a color I like in the 1 1/2 sq size. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marker

Can't you make one using a 3/4" blank?

I have found that as long as you are careful you can make any pen kit using 3/4" blanks. I myself no longer order any 7/8" blanks, just because they are often more money, and they take more work in order to turn them down.

RosezPenZ

Thank you everyone for your ideas and offers, especially the links to photos. I'm gonna take the ideas back to the customer and see what he likes.

Does not want wood.

3/4? Don't know, manuf. said min. of 7/8 I've never made a majestic, so that's part of my question I guess. Can it be done?

OKLAHOMAN

3/4 is more than big enough!!!!
Thank you everyone for your ideas and offers, especially the links to photos. I'm gonna take the ideas back to the customer and see what he likes.

Does not want wood.

3/4? Don't know, manuf. said min. of 7/8 I've never made a majestic, so that's part of my question I guess. Can it be done?

Andrew_K99

Based on the chart in the library [here] the thickest part of a Majestic is 0.650", which means a 3/4" blank will work ... you just have to drill it really close to dead center.

AK

Top Bottom