6" long(plus) 9/32 long brad point bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Manny

Anyone know a good source of long Brad points drill bits. I am working on a desk set using slim hardware with a closed end. Thinking about making a nib twist so I need a long bit.

any suggestions would be welcome as well

thanks, Manny

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hrigg

Go here... Move the CB as close to the nib as you like, or do away with it. Use a tube that's epoxied to the upper tube so it slips over the transmission and the lower barrel. The upper tube lets you twist the transmission as usual. My experience has found that fat, arthritic fingers have trouble gripping the nib for either twisting or pulling the pen apart to change refills, so I put the CB up about an inch or so from nib. Gives me more to hold on to.

The black and white Euro in my photo album was made that way. It's a 7mm from Woodcraft, and the CB is a piece of pick guard where the acrylic and corian meet.

Last edited:

hrigg

The question was regarding making stick pen kits that require a longer drill bit.

My point was twofold: that you can make a stick pen any length you want, without a longer drill bit, and how you can engage the transmission no matter where you decide to make the pen twist from.

Top Bottom