50 calibur brass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penturner63

Hi,
A customer ask today if I could make him a pen from a 50 cal brass.
Has anyone done this ? What kit would I need to get for the nib to match up?
Or has somebody already posted the answers? I haven't found it yet.
Thanks, Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cozee

They are easy enough to do but to save ya some time, contact Daniel and see if he is still making kits available.

Here is one I did after reading a how to by Phil Sherman a few years back . .

2008-12-07_030239_50CAL1.jpg

Skye

As shown, it's been done, but it's never been anything that looked like something I wanted to write with. I think it would be better to make something like a pen stand from the shell. Maybe use a little of the primer end of two shells to make a panache pen or something.... I dunno.

Daniel

Sorry but I don't have any more kits at this time. If there is enough interest I will try and put together another set of them but I had to get them in batches of 100 last time. The bullets and brass are getting harder to find all the time since most of what is being made is going to Iraq and Afghanistan.

USAFVET98

Sorry but I don't have any more kits at this time. If there is enough interest I will try and put together another set of them but I had to get them in batches of 100 last time. The bullets and brass are getting harder to find all the time since most of what is being made is going to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Put me down for a few. If I could help in any way, please let me know. I have a lot of firearm related contacts and I may be able to find the brass.

cozee

PM sent.

Daniel

Hi folks I am putting a post in Individual classifieds. the reason for individual classifieds is complicated but the whole thing will be ran more like a group buy. I do charge for any machining work that is wanted but not parts but since I stand to make some money it does not qualify as a group buy. hope that makes since. I will have the post up asap.

Daniel

I posted in Individual classifieds but have since modified what is being offered. the lowest cost option is now as little as $3.60 for just a raw bullet and brass. that leaves all the machining and scavenging up to you. Which is the fun part anyway. i will also take care of the single hardest part of the machining which is drilling the tip of the bullet for you for just a dollar extra per bullet. this knocks the tar out of the full blown price of over $15.00 per kit.

penturner63

Danial,
Put me down for 5 kits when you are readt. This is the first time buying stuff
from people on this site. I'm not sure how to do it. Please let me know.
Thanks, Scott

Top Bottom