50 Cal Fountain pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nates02gt

I had a customer ask if I could make a fountain pen with the 50 cal bullet cartridge kit from PSI. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that or if it is even possible?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

I haven't done it yet, but I believe it can be done.
Since the kit doesn't come as a fountain pen, I wouldn't purchase the kit.
I would purchase a fountain kit and a cartridge or two.

Brooks803

Without having one here in front of me to measure I would think that it's possible. Even if the brass is to thin to thread you can insert a threadable plug and make a small section from that. Then the bullet would become the cap.

Might have to play around with the idea....

jyreene

Without having one here in front of me to measure I would think that it's possible. Even if the brass is to thin to thread you can insert a threadable plug and make a small section from that. Then the bullet would become the cap.

Might have to play around with the idea....

Remind me and I'll bring my last psi one on Saturday.

Curly

105 and an El Torro

I made a "pen" using and El Toro fountain pen kit and a 105mm howitzer shell for a cartridge challenge here a few years ago. To do the same with a 50cal would be similar so I would use a Euro/American style kit like a Flat-Top from Lee Valley. It uses a letter V bit (.377) or a 3/8" for the tubes, which should leave lots of room to make an insert for the cartridge, as Mr. Brooks suggested, with a wood or camo blank for the projectile. The projectile might be a little longish but unless you do kitless work it would be a reasonable compromise.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P7230014.jpg
    P7230014.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 418
  • P7230008.jpg
    P7230008.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 378
Top Bottom