50 cal.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

not sure if this is the right place to ask but has anyone ever made a bullet pen out of a fifty cal. shell casing before?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

laspringer

I picked up 2 50 cal bullets about 2 months ago and have been thinking about how to make them work. If you come up with some ideas post them for the others that are interested in that type of pens.

Good luck Alan

knottyharry

Hi Bill,
I haven't done anything out of the 50 cal.
But like Ron mentioned, 50 cal. what.
I have used 45 cal. colt casings....using them back to back and then turned some purple heart to put in the ends.
One of our boys has a 50 cal. pistol that I want to try the casing for it but haven't done it yet.
Harry

Fangar

Fifty Cal Pistol would likely be do-able, and I am guessing that is what you were referring to. The old school military 50 cal cartridge is a big mo-fo. Even that though would be possible with the right amount of innovation. It would be huge! But it could be made into a pen the writes.

Fangar

guts

i'm talking about the big boy,kinda figured it would be to big for a pen but with some of these guy you never know,thanks.

ldimick

Bill,

My dad shoots 50 BMG competitively so I have thought about this a lot in the past. It can be done but you'd probably need to incorporate the bullet because of the size of the neck and the case. It is HUGE! The problem with the bullet is that the ones they use for cometitive shooting are actually turned on a lathe and they are MUCH harder than what you would normally find in a rifle bullet. Heck, you could almost make a set of shot glasses out of the cases![:p]

My dad did cut one in half and turn it into a tie clasp, and it seems to me to be to big and heavy.

guts

i was thinking more on the line of a conversation piece than using it to write with,i think ron probably has the right idea,make it out of wood.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by ldimick
<br />Bill,

My dad shoots 50 BMG competitively so I have thought about this a lot in the past. It can be done but you'd probably need to incorporate the bullet because of the size of the neck and the case. It is HUGE! The problem with the bullet is that the ones they use for cometitive shooting are actually turned on a lathe and they are MUCH harder than what you would normally find in a rifle bullet. Heck, you could almost make a set of shot glasses out of the cases![:p]

.50 BMG bullets (projectiles only) can be purchased at about $1.50 ea. These are for competitive shooting, unlikely they have the tungsten cores.

My dad did cut one in half and turn it into a tie clasp, and it seems to me to be to big and heavy.

ldimick

Frank,

I'm not sure what the exact metal is. I thought it was 'steel' I do know that they are turned though.

Talk about a group of people the BATF is trying to entrap. [:(!]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by ldimick
<br />Frank,

I'm not sure what the exact metal is. I thought it was 'steel' I do know that they are turned though.

Talk about a group of people the BATF is trying to entrap. [:(!]

With our current President and Attorney General, I believe that the .50 people are not in the BATF sights. The .50 is perfectly legal and clearly defined in the the Gun Control Act of 1968. It has received a lot of bad (liberal) press, particularly from CBS' '60 Minutes' show where Ed Bradly blatantly lied about the guns and caliber and was very inflamatory. Fact is, crimes simply are not committed with this type of firearm. It is simply a target of the 'anti' crowd. Enuf preaching. I better stop. Constitutional infringements are a touchy subject with me. [:(!] {I'm probably off-topic enneyhow} [:I]

guts

thanks frank,i needed that,all i wanted to know was if anyone made a pen out of a 50 cal,maybe i'll use a better choice of words the next time i ask a question.

ldimick

With our current President and Attorney General, I believe that the .50 people are not in the BATF sights. The .50 is perfectly legal and clearly defined in the the Gun Control Act of 1968. It has received a lot of bad (liberal) press, particularly from CBS' '60 Minutes' show where Ed Bradly blatantly lied about the guns and caliber and was very inflamatory. Fact is, crimes simply are not committed with this type of firearm. It is simply a target of the 'anti' crowd. Enuf preaching. I better stop. Constitutional infringements are a touchy subject with me. [:(!] {I'm probably off-topic enneyhow} [:I]

Klinton did much damage and that idiot grey davis finished it off here in Kalifornia. The 50 is illegal here in KA. I'd better let it drop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom