50 and 30-06 Bullet Pen Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StuartCovey

Hey Guys,
I'm new here and I have a question.
I have a friend who is going to give me a bunch of 50 caliber and 30 caliber spent bullet cartridges. I was wondering where I can get the parts to make Bullet pens out of them.
Anyone now of a good place, or will this not work?

Thanks,
Stuart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Instructions for making them can be found in the library. You can get the pen parts from any of our great vendor. The 50 and 30 caliber bullets you can get from Midway or Natchez Shooters Supply if they have them in stock.

Sabaharr

Advice

Just my 2 cents worth but if I were you I would buy a kit for the 30 cal cartridge just to see how the shell is modified and duplicate the process as best you can. It may save you a lot of frustration And be a real cheap tutorial for you. When you perfect the process you can photograph the steps and post a tutorial for the rest of us.:biggrin: And welcome to the madness.

StuartCovey

I have actually made several .30 and .50 Bullet pens. But I have not been able to find a place that will sell the kit without the cartridge.
Do you know of any places that sell the parts separately or as a kit without the cartridge?

Thanks
Stuart

StuartCovey

Here is what I will be doing with the spent cartridges.

Attachments

• Bullet .50 Pen.jpg
    Bullet .50 Pen.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 438

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
welcome from bryant,ar.. be sure to check out the central arkansas chapter forum (under forumns.. local chapters.. ) several members around central arkansas

ps i ve bought from
http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/riflestuff.html
as well as from b &g pen in bella vista
asd from all the vendors here

Last edited:

Crashmph

I have been taking a Wall Street III gold kit and using the nib assembly and transmission for the pen. Take a 1/2" dowel cut to length for the "insert" in the .50 casing and drill it to work for the Wall Street transmission. 25/64" drilled 1" deep and a 5/16" (not sure, can't remember exactly) drilled the rest of the way. Glue the dowel in the casting and have a nice day. Your mileage may vary. My method is a slight deviation of the methods in the tutorials.

Michael

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just my 2 cents worth but if I were you I would buy a kit for the 30 cal cartridge just to see how the shell is modified and duplicate the process as best you can. It may save you a lot of frustration And be a real cheap tutorial for you. When you perfect the process you can photograph the steps and post a tutorial for the rest of us.:biggrin: And welcome to the madness.
Here is a link to how to make a 50 Cal with Parker or Cross refill.

I have actually made several .30 and .50 Bullet pens. But I have not been able to find a place that will sell the kit without the cartridge.
Do you know of any places that sell the parts separately or as a kit without the cartridge?

Thanks
Stuart
Stuart, when I make my 30 Cals, I just buy Slimline transmissions and caps and gun clips from Woodnwhimsies. I also get Cigar pen parts for my 50 Cals from them.

StuartCovey

OK, so I ordered 10 of each of the .30 and .50 caliber bullet pens from PSI, so I can play around with them and see what I come up with. I'll let you guys know when that happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom