3 piece set?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

I have been looking for a pen, ball point & pencil set in a nice kit for a Ruby anniversary gift.

From what I can see the high end kits only do pen and ballpoint.

Any advice on what kit I can use?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I like the schmidt pencil inserts that replace the parker refills. That allows several nice pen/pencil combinations to come naturally --- then just pick the style that has a parker refill and a fountain pen option (Baron, El Grande, Jr. Gent, etc) and get one fountain pen, and two parker style pens with the schmidt pencil cartridge (I like the 0.7 mm personally). Az Sill will fix you up with all the pieces quickly.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Takes a LITTLE imagination to see the Jr Gent Ballpoint as matching the Rollerball (nibs don't match in MY eyes), but it IS a set.

karlkuehn

Banned
I gotta agree with Ed on the Jr. Gents. Aside from the matching center band and clip/finial, they look like completely different pens. Is there a reason for adding the ballpoint to the set? I thought the roller ball was a ball point of sorts, just rolls easier. I would think you'd go for roller ball, fountain and pencil. Make sure you post a picture of the set when you're done, I'd love to see it all together. :)

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by ed4copies

omygod!!

Karl got serious.

And actually a pretty good answer (He agreed with me, he's becoming penducated.:D:D:D

Ahhh, shoot. I forgot to add the circus background music to my previous post. Okay, so one got by me...

I only agreed with you because even you can't get them wrong 100% percent of the time. [:p]

Now, I gotta go look up 'penducated'. Sounds like an affliction! After the last few weeks of posts, I wish I coulda caught 'truncated' instead. :D

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by ed4copies

Surprised you knew the word "truncated" !!

It's a throwback from my coding/DBA days. When someone would throw a 256 char. field type on a 'status' column in the database, I kept getting cut off on my entries. Go figure, huh? Thank God storage got bigger over the years. [B)][:p]

rlharding

When I went to look at the Jr. Gents I also thought the pencil was much too different from the rest of the kit.

Thanks for all the feedback.

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by rlharding

When I went to look at the Jr. Gents I also thought the pencil was much too different from the rest of the kit.

Thanks for all the feedback.

So what did you end up going with? I'm making a set for my dad and his hunting partner out of the moose antlers and bones that they brought back last summer, and I've sort of resigned myself to black Ti Euros from PSI, at least for pen and pencil. I'd love to see some high-end alternatives, let me know what you come up with!

rlharding

I haven't come up with an alternative. Back 30-40 years ago (yes I was around then) it was very common to have pen, pencil and 'Biro' sets. I owned several. Now it's very difficult to find hem.

The person who has commissioned the set is a friend of mine so I am thinking that I may just tell her to forget the pencil as her husband won't use it anyway. :) I don't like the round cap pens so am not making any.

Will keep you posted. Karl.

Top Bottom