27/64 tubing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Does anyone sell the 27/64th tubing for pen kits? I know you can get the extras with the pen kits, but was wanting the "cut to length" option. I was just wanting to do blanks for stock, etc. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I've never seen it other than already cut to length. Just a thought, but if you were trying something new and needed a longer one, you could always try splicing 2 together. The cigar tubes just fit inside the sierras and might make for a strong joint between the two as long as it didn't interfear with the transmission or inside workings.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Are you refering to the 11mm upper tubes in pen kits? or 10.5mm tubes like for the Sierra/Wall Street type kits. Looking at the drill charts for kits I will take it you mean the 10.5mm tubes. THere are no suppliers of the tubes in longer lengths other than the Zen tubes at Exotics, that I know of. Standard length tubes are available at Woodcraft, Exotics and probably a few other suppliers.
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...rt&page=shop.browse&category_id=151&Itemid=60

I took the time to check and they do have a few in stock.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I've never seen it other than already cut to length. Just a thought, but if you were trying something new and needed a longer one, you could always try splicing 2 together. The cigar tubes just fit inside the sierras and might make for a strong joint between the two as long as it didn't interfear with the transmission or inside workings.

At one time I posted a thread on doing just that and it works fine but the Zen tubes are 3.375 long for .49

renowb

I may try this. Sounds like it may work, thanks for all the feedback!

PenMan1

I once found 12" sections of 27/64 plumbing tube at Ace Hardware. It was less that $1. Might be worth stopping by the local ACE?

They were actually selling it as 7/16, but it worked just fine in the pen I was building (IIRC an elegant beauty sierra).

Last edited:
Top Bottom