2008 Penturners Rendezvous photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjackman

Here are a few photos from the 2008 Provo Penturners Rendezvous. I think all attendees had a great time, had a chance to chat and mingle with fellow penturners and enjoy some quick penturning demos.
The Rendezvous was held this year at the new venue for the Utah Woodturning Symposium, the McKay Event Center at Utah Valley State College in Orem Utah. It was great to be so closely tied in with this symposium which is the longest running continuing symposium in the country. This was the 29th year. As was mentioned in some earlier posts, in addition to a dedicated penturning rotation of demos at Craft Supply's Super Wednesday, there was a full demo station dedicated to penturning throughout the symposium. This was a first at this symposium. The demos were well attended and recieved. I had comments from many attendees and several event organizers about how happy they were to have penturning represented at the symposium.
More photos can be found in my photobucket album here:
http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/pensnwands/Penturners Rendezvous/2008/
IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

I'll post some reviews and additional thoughts later today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjackman

Paul, and all others who so generously donate door prizes for the Rendezvous:
I apologize for not properly posting my thanks to all of you for your help in making this event what it is.
Thank You!

PostalBob

This was one of my first and hope to attend many more in the furture. As a almost new (18) months and counting pen turner I cant say enough about the event. I can say that I learned a lot and had the pleasure of meeting so many great pen turners from all over, we traded cards and promised to stay in touch. The even went well, everyone was treated with respect and like me and so many we had a great time. Of course spent too much but thats what I love about this hobby, spend and turn.
Congrats to all that made it work. Great Job It was a treat to be there.

its_virgil

I too had a great time visiting in person with those we meet here and n the other forums and talking pens during every spare moment...even into the wee hours of the night at the hotel. Our 8 demos at the symposium went very well as did the three we did at Craft supplie's open house and the 3 others we did at the Rendezvous. Thanks to all who supplied the 80+ door prizes and to those who sent in the 45 pens for the pen display. The display was in the instant gallery at the symposium and will be in the gallery at the AAW in Richmond later in June. Look for information on when the pens will be posted for all to see. What a great time!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

beck3906

I wish I could have made it, but we're engaged with our most successful show ever this weekend.

Did anyone say when next year's event would be held?

Rick

PenWorks

I had a great time again. There were a few items left at the CSU sale table by the time I got there. :) I like the new facilities at UVSC, they actually had ash trays and sold coffee and coke on the premises [:p] The location of the venue was really good, plenty of hotels, restaraunts and shopping all near by. Orme is a nice city from what I saw of it.

You guys put on a great show again. Thanks for your efforts.

PaulDoug

Looks like fun was had, sure would like to go sometime. I notice an awful lot of gray hair and bald heads in the pictures. Is this an old folk's hobby!!:D I can say that, I'm an old folk!

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by PaulDoug

Looks like fun was had, sure would like to go sometime. I notice an awful lot of gray hair and bald heads in the pictures. Is this an old folk's hobby!!:D I can say that, I'm an old folk!
That may turn around when 'Penturners Final Fantasy' is released... until then - little chance!

laserturner

Lots of fun this time as always at the Rendezvous and Symposium. It was a great opportunity to meet some new penturners and to chat with friends from here and from past rendezvous'. Many thanks to Kurt Hertzog, Bill Jackman and Don Ward who did a great job not only with the Rendezvous but also in representing the penturners at the Symposium and the Craft Supplies Open House.
As the image will show, my son and I were busy during the Open House Barbeque doing some very serious engraving work!?

20085271856_CSUSA2008OpenHse1o.jpg

nava1uni

It was a great event. I would like to also thank Kurt, Bill and Don for them so generously sharing their knowledge. Meeting other pen turners from all over the country was really neat and I think that it will be great to develop relationships and continue to share information. The generosity of the suppliers of the door prizes was amazing and everyone went away with something. I went away having had an amazing time, learning and working on ways to improve my technique and creativity. I enjoyed seeing all the ways that wood and pens can be created. It was great becoming a part of this amazing community. I will return next year for sure.
I would also like to thank CSUSA for the Wednesday event and their generosity in making it a great event.
Cindy:)

Top Bottom