2008 Penturner's Rendezvous

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Initial information on the 2008 Penturners Rendezvous
planned for the Wednesday night before the start of the Utah
Woodturning Symposium has been posted. You can find the information at
http://penmakersguild.com/provo08.htm

We'll have the logo contest, the pen display, and registration just
like past years. Check back often for the latest information.

If you are planning on attending the Utah Woodturning Symposium, then consider on also attending the Rendezvous. Pictures and info from the 2006 and 2007 Rendezvous is available at http://penmakersguild.com/

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I'm going. I'll be there Tuesday to get ready for the Rendezvous. I will also be doing a demo at the Craft Supply Super Wednesday Sale. Hope to see several members from all of the forums.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Chuck Key

Anyone going to Provo I mean Orem?

Chuckie

its_virgil

The 2008 Penturner's Rendezvous is quickly approaching. The Rendevous will take place on Wed, May 21, 2008 in the evening after the Super Wednesday Sale at Craft Supplies USA.

Deadlines are also quickly getting closer. Registration deadline is quickly aproaching. A great added bonus is in store for those who pre-register! Not only will you get a personalized name badge for the event but Ken Nelsen and his son from Kallenshaan Woods will have a laser engraver there to engrave your pens. If you are a pre-registered attendee, you'll get one of your pens engraved for free while you watch. Preregistration deadline is May 5th. You don't need to preregister to attend. You can pay the fee at the door.

The Pen Display deadline is rushing toward us. We'll be having the Provo pen display again this year. The display will be prominently featured at the Rendezvous and then at the Utah Woodturning Symposium Instant Gallery. Here's your chance to have the over 100 pen aficionados at the Rendezvous and nearly 500 woodturners from around the world see your work. We'll have voting setup at both locations and on line for some great prizes. We'll be announcing the prizes in the coming weeks. The deadline for receipt of pens for the display is Saturday, May 10th.

If you are interested in participating, email display@penmakersguild.com for details on the categories, timing, and shipping details.

Complete details of the 2008 Penturning Rendezvous can be found at http://penmakersguild.com/provo08.htm

Attending the symposium will provide you with an added treat. You can meet Penworks (Anthony Turchetta) in person and see some of his great pens. Other IAP members and members from the other penturning forums will also be in attendance.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Don't get annoyed with me but I'll be bumping this up or reposting it for a few days so all who are interested will get a chance to see it. I promise I'll lay off in a couple of days. Thanks for understanding.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by its_virgil

The 2008 Penturner's Rendezvous is quickly approaching. The Rendevous will take place on Wed, May 21, 2008 in the evening after the Super Wednesday Sale at Craft Supplies USA.

Deadlines are also quickly getting closer. Registration deadline is quickly aproaching. A great added bonus is in store for those who pre-register! Not only will you get a personalized name badge for the event but Ken Nelsen and his son from Kallenshaan Woods will have a laser engraver there to engrave your pens. If you are a pre-registered attendee, you'll get one of your pens engraved for free while you watch. Preregistration deadline is May 5th. You don't need to preregister to attend. You can pay the fee at the door.

The Pen Display deadline is rushing toward us. We'll be having the Provo pen display again this year. The display will be prominently featured at the Rendezvous and then at the Utah Woodturning Symposium Instant Gallery. Here's your chance to have the over 100 pen aficionados at the Rendezvous and nearly 500 woodturners from around the world see your work. We'll have voting setup at both locations and on line for some great prizes. We'll be announcing the prizes in the coming weeks. The deadline for receipt of pens for the display is Saturday, May 10th.

If you are interested in participating, email display@penmakersguild.com for details on the categories, timing, and shipping details.

Complete details of the 2008 Penturning Rendezvous can be found at http://penmakersguild.com/provo08.htm

Attending the symposium will provide you with an added treat. You can meet Penworks (Anthony Turchetta) in person and see some of his great pens. Other IAP members and members from the other penturning forums will also be in attendance.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Well not to sure I am that big a drawing card :D You should have mentioned you can stop by the Burl Source in Sandy, UT. I just went there to see what specials Skip might have, but was sadden to see he has retired from the wood selling business due to a recent back surgery. [V] Skip is going to continue his art wood working, buy no longer sell wood. So now where do we go on Tuesday?
Any good gun stores along the way? or how about a Pen store in Utah, any there?

Is there going to be a park lot swap meet this year at the Penturners gig? What are you going to demo at CSU? Maybe I can be your camera man, this way I won't fall asleep in the chair :D

I am glad things worked out I could go this year, we always have a great time there, maybe this will be the year I win the lathe !! :) NOT

its_virgil

We could do a quick road trip to Burns, Oregon. :DI'm sure we can find something to do on Tuesday. The swap meet at the symposium is still on and I'm sure if anyone brings any "trading material" we can do some trading at the Rendezvous. I've not heard any official announcement.

My CSUSA demo will be making an identical matching pen and pencil set similar to the picture here. When students fell asleep in class I would bounce an eraser or piece of chalk off their heads. But now, I work with gouges and skews.[:0] Do bring your camera. I will also be doing three demos at the symposium. One will be the gavel I make with a pen in the handle, another will be closed end pens and the various ways to hold the blanks, and I can't remember what the third one is. Kurt Hertzog and Bill Jackman will also be doing demos at CSUSA and the symposium.

I'm looking forward to a fun time and maybe some of my luck will rub off on you (that doesn't sound too good, does it?) or on Chuckie.
May 21 will be here soon! Am I ready? :D:D:D:D:D

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by PenWorks

Well not to sure I am that big a drawing card :D You should have mentioned you can stop by the Burl Source in Sandy, UT. I just went there to see what specials Skip might have, but was sadden to see he has retired from the wood selling business due to a recent back surgery. So now where do we go on Tuesday?
Any good gun stores along the way? or how about a Pen store in Utah, any there?

Is there going to be a park lot swap meet this year at the Penturners gig? What are you going to demo at CSU? Maybe I can be your camera man, this way I won't fall asleep in the chair :D

I am glad things worked out I could go this year, we always have a great time there, maybe this will be the year I win the lathe !! :) NOT

its_virgil

Do a good turn daily!
Don

bjackman

Anthony,
There is a pen store in SLC. "Tabula Raza" in the historic and now somewhat infamous Trolley Square Mall. (Scene of a random lone gunman shooting spree about a year ago, and far to common these days countrywide. :( ) They carry most of the big brands of pens and inks, including PR inks. Only about 1/3 of the store is dedicated to pens, the rest is cards, stationary, etc.
Looking forward to seeing you and others again.
As things are happening a month earlier this year you will probably find the weather uncomfortably cool compared to June. [8D]

PenWorks

Will be looking forward to the COOL :) By the time I leave here, it should be in the 100's and time for a change. The last couple of years during the Symposium, there has been a heat wave up there.

Originally posted by bjackman

As things are happening a month earlier this year you will probably find the weather uncomfortably cool compared to June. [8D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by gmcnut

It looks like I missed the online registration deadline. What now?

Walks-ins are welcome, you just may not get a button. Actually I think there are more walk-ins than pre registered attendees.

its_virgil

You may register and pay at the door(same price), but you will not have a name badge. You still get a chance at the door prizes. I look forward to meeting several of the IAP members. There will be 3 pen demos at the Craft supply Super Wednesday Sale and 8 pen demos at the symposium. I'm getting excited.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by gmcnut

It looks like I missed the online registration deadline. What now?

PenWorks

Bags are packed and can't wait to get out of Dodge. It has been pretty nice up until yesterday. Hit 108 today [}:)] Time to head to the cool country. See you guys at the 8 am start of the running of the bulls for the Super Wed Sale :)

I'm bringing some goodies, so save your cash ;)

Top Bottom