2 questions on Patriot design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone turned a different design on the Patriot/Atlas. Instead of just a slight curve or a straight, has anyone turned one with beads, coves, etc? I have tried seaerch but no help.
Also has anyone developed a Patriot/Atlas that is a little longer than the existing kit. The pen is shorter than the average pen length which is the only bad point IMHO. I like the way it really highlights the wood but wouls like it a little longer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Look in Yo Yo's album, I think he may have done some like that with beads, different cuts and o rings. I would have to qualify the Broker & Wall Street kits as an extended Patriot/Atlas pen. You are somewhat limited in extending the pen since you are dealing within the cartridge range that needs specific dimensions to make it work.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I experimented with putting some fancy shape to the Polaris but it is not comfortable to hold.
The pen itself looks nice but I don't care for the clunky nib myself.

200571301336_polaris%20antler%20002.jpg
<br />

I did customize a polaris back during the winter.This was actually the first pen I used a shell casing on

200571301616_Polaris%20casing%20antler%20010.jpg
<br />
I have come to like the executive from PSI one piece similar to the Polaris but more retro and stylishly classic.
2005613144143_executivelongantler613%20010.jpg

(the thumb nail feature doesn't work for me.)

GregD

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Look in Yo Yo's album, I think he may have done some like that with beads, different cuts and o rings. I would have to qualify the Broker & Wall Street kits as an extended Patriot/Atlas pen. <b>You are somewhat limited in extending the pen since you are dealing within the cartridge range that needs specific dimensions to make it work.</b>

I haven't tried the Patriot/Atlas style pens as yet myself. I would think that as long as you followed the "specific demensions" on the inside, you could make it as long as you wanted on the outside. I'll have to get a few and give it a try.

Greg, the problem will be that the twist mechanism is the head of the pen. If we can lengthen the transmission somehow, that could possibly resolve the problem. I do it on SL when I do casing pens, but cannot figure out a way on the patriot. Will look forward to seeing your creation.

Eagle, comfortable grip & balance seems to be the issue. I am beginning to like the looks of the Executive also. Is it longer than the Patriot? That will have to be on a future to do list. BTW, you must have an unlimited supply of antler

Anthony, I looked at YoYo's and they are great looking pens.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Greg, the problem will be that the twist mechanism is the head of the pen. If we can lengthen the transmission somehow, that could possibly resolve the problem.
I posted this when I made the modified Polaris(second picture). The transmission on the Polaris from PSI is "friction fit" and works with an 8mm tube.
I do it on SL when I do casing pens, but cannot figure out a way on the patriot. Will look forward to seeing your creation.

Eagle, comfortable grip & balance seems to be the issue. I am beginning to like the looks of the Executive also. Is it longer than the Patriot? Yes see picture, Both take the same length tubes, but the nib on the executive is a tad longer but more stream lined.I like the look better than the Ploaris. I don't know if it would lend to "Cusomization but at this point I don't see a need for it.That will have to be on a future to do list. BTW, you must have an unlimited supply of antler
I pray to my "Higher Power" to keep me supplied.[:D]Sometimes it takes a little "horse" trading.

200571314185_polaris%20executivecomparison%20004.jpg
<br />

Anthony, I looked at YoYo's and they are great looking pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom