1st commercial order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I got my first commercial order today for 12 pens and I'm so excited. It really is not about the money (although it sure helps pay for the "hobby") for me but about the fact that someone appreciates my pens to be used as a "special gift" for his staff. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am VERY new to pen making and selling. I posted on my Facebook site as I made some of my pens. I then set up an ETSY site. I really did it not so much to sell the pens (but that wouldn't hurt my feelings either) but to have a place my friends and acquaintance could go to see all of my work in one place. It worked!! This friend saw the FB pics, went to the ETSY site and decided this would be a nice and different gift for his staff. He contacted me about prices and numbers etc. And we negotiated from there.

Drstrangefart

That's how it starts. I'm doing stuff right now like getting business cards out to UGA and making my presence as known as possible at West Ga Tech alongside my FaceBook page and boring anyone that will listen to death about my pens. I'm a recreational penturner first. Sales are secondary right now.

Last edited:
Congrats! Hopefully each person who gets a pen will contact you and it will snowball from there! A self sustaning hobby is a good thing!

That is so true Jonathan. I gave a pen for a Christmas gift to a family friend and got an order yesterday for one for a co-worker of hers. Word-of-mouth is the best advertising.

Top Bottom